Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we're all getting our Q6600s appraised, I may as well throw mine in, since I plan to get a Q9550 in the next few weeks.

This chip is out of my sig rig:

Lapped Q6600 G0 (SLACR) with VID 1.3000

Currently running at 400x9 (3.60GHz) and has been SMP folding 100% stable for over a month straight, getting over 6000PPD. (When I don't get obnoxiously bad WUs.) CPU-Z Validation

Vcore is set to 1.4875 in BIOS with Loadline Calibration enabled. Load Vcore right now is 1.464V.

Load temps running between -45 to -40 distance from Tjmax under my lapped TRUE.

I haven't tried to take it past 3.6GHz, though given what we now know about Tjmax for the Q6600, it's theoretically possible I could get 3.7 or 3.8 without too much more voltage or temp increases.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
What is the correct TjMax then? I'm using 90...

Anyways getting a Q6600 G0 at a 1.3 VID, and at least PROVEN 3.6 GHz OC is a great deal!
Most of the new ones come with a 1.325 VID (mine), and also are harder to OC.

Bump!

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjecT TimeZ View Post
What is the correct TjMax then? I'm using 90...

Anyways getting a Q6600 G0 at a 1.3 VID, and at least PROVEN 3.6 GHz OC is a great deal!
Most of the new ones come with a 1.325 VID (mine), and also are harder to OC.

Bump!
90°C is the Tjmax for the Q6600 G0, according to Intel.

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10
View Post

90°C is the Tjmax for the Q6600 G0, according to Intel.

yeah, which i weird... if I set my TJmax at 100C, my temps are more realistic... with a TJmax of 90, my load temps top out at 45C on my highest core, with my Q6600 at 3.6

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who knows if it's right or not, in the end it probably doesn't matter. Though that document also makes two more points: First, that the digital thermal sensors on each core lose their accuracy the farther below 50°C you get, and second, that -20 from Tjmax (whatever it is) is the point where the stock cooling solution is supposed to switch itself to full speed and start seriously cooling off the chip. If Tjmax is 90, then this is supposed to happen at 70. (And 71 also happens to be the thermal spec for this chip as shown in the Processor Finder.)This is why I'm inclined to believe Tjmax is 90.

Of course, none of this helps me get an appraisal for the chip.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Oh wow! Didn't even realize this was the apprasial thread.

I'd say since it's a proven overclocker, and has a somewhat low VID, a good range would be $130-$145 probably.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Most 1.30+ vid chips will get about $140 shipped. But a proven 3.6GHz OC chip might get you $155 shipped. Lapped chips dont seem to get any more out of a sale, so I dont think that will really add much value.

·
Senior Overclocker
5,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabermetrics
View Post

yeah, which i weird... if I set my TJmax at 100C, my temps are more realistic... with a TJmax of 90, my load temps top out at 45C on my highest core, with my Q6600 at 3.6

thats because the correct tjmax is 100c and i stick to it no matter what
because temps at tjmax 90 are TOO unrealistic ... hitting only 45C? ya right
every programs states the same tjmax and same temps ... i rather not lie to myself and run my q66 at 70c for example, thinking its under the maximum safe temp, while it actually runs at 80c .. no way

·
Avid Memer
5,958 Posts
I would hope you could get at least $140 for it. I was hoping for $150 with my Q6600 with a 1.275 VID also capable of 3.6GHz.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

thats because the correct tjmax is 100c and i stick to it no matter what
because temps at tjmax 90 are TOO unrealistic ... hitting only 45C? ya right
every programs states the same tjmax and same temps ... i rather not lie to myself and run my q66 at 70c for example, thinking its under the maximum safe temp, while it actually runs at 80c .. no way

So you don't believe Intel about their own chips? Why not?

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
$145 shipped max

1 - 15 of 15 Posts