Overclock.net banner

Q6600 + GTX 295, Bottleneck?

12716 Views 62 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  |2acerX|
Would a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz bottleneck a GTX 295?

Sect
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sector
View Post

Would a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz bottleneck a GTX 295?

Sect

I doubt it. Cannot be 100% sure on this one tho.
See less See more
I doubt it too. Any quad over 3000mhz should be fine. I really think people get too worked up over bottlenecking, anyways.
Once the next cpu architecture is released you're always going to be bottlenecked no matter what. More important is can you play all your games now with high enough avg and min fps?
What resolution you will be running? I highly doubt you will notice a bottleneck at 1920X1200.
+1 for the "no" vote

the Q6600 should be fine, if its OC'ed, thats even better.
At that clock you shouldn't have any problems.
Nother vote for the "NO" bottleneck.
Q6600's are workhorses.
See less See more
I think your ram could be a bottleneck...just look at your Current FSB vs 800mhz ram
If anybody founds a review of HD4870X2 / GTX295 no CF or SLi scalling just One x2 Card bechmarking with i7 920 agaisnt Q9650 / Q9550 agaisnt sweetie Q6600 I'd like to see that if there will be any FPS boost at high resolutions.
See less See more
its a bottleneck but by not too much at all, if your on small screen and small res, you will get that little bottleneck.
I honestly hope you aren't getting a GTX295 for your current 1680x1050 screen...the screen would be the bottleneck if anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russkiy View Post
I think your ram could be a bottleneck...just look at your Current FSB vs 800mhz ram
That's what dividers are for. (and he can unlink with nvidia chipset)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx View Post
I honestly hope you aren't getting a GTX295 for your current 1680x1050 screen...the screen would be the bottleneck if anything.

+1

Too many people do not factor in the resolution when buyiong a GFX card. You would be better served to spend some money on a larger monitor and a lesser card.
See less See more
2
Thats correct, You better get HD4870 512Mb for that resolution.
If you want to play it safe. OVERCLOCK the Q6600 as much as you can (comfortably stable) and you will be good to go.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shedokan View Post
If anybody founds a review of HD4870X2 / GTX295 no CF or SLi scalling just One x2 Card bechmarking with i7 920 agaisnt Q9650 / Q9550 agaisnt sweetie Q6600 I'd like to see that if there will be any FPS boost at high resolutions.


Well I can tell you that with 280's in SLI there is a bump. Not huge, but it's there.

As for the OP, I say run some benchmarks and in game checks. Tis the only way to find out.
See less See more
2
yes the screen will bottleneck however the card will last you a long time of gaming. its a good investment for long term. you might even buy a bigger screen a year later lol. get the 295 if you want, who's stoppin ya?
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top