Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals, I got a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and I wanna see if I can push the 3 GHZ Barrier. How can I get it to at least that? I know that I don't know a dang thing about Overclocking, so can I have some help. Cheers

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
go to the mobo's setting, and up your fsb to 333, multiplier to 9, and your set

all q6600 can hit 3.0 easily right off the bat. i'm not 100% sure your mobo can OC though

·
Registered
145 Posts
as everyone else has said 333x9 with no voltage increase. thats what I have. stable as a rock. it's my sig rig

enjoy your q6600, it's been a great cpu and i expect i'll get another year or so out of mine easily before i do an upgrade (i will be upgrading the vid card whnever fermi drops and prices for the 5850 come down to counter it)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chronostorm
View Post

I think most G0 Q6600s can hit 3 ghz without any voltage boost, or just a little bit

Hm... interesting fact. That at default bios settings everything is by AUTO.... and by the way . by incresing from 266 fsb to 333 FBS doesn't mean that it needs no higher voltage... almost every MB can push VCORE till some MAX fro each pross...
fro example.... my MOBO EP45-DQ can easily change voltage from 1.2 to 1.45 when i overclock CPU on AUTO...so...... some info fro thinking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want to overclock your cpu you'll either have to mod the motherboard or get a new one. Most, if not all branded comps have their bios's locked, for warranty purposes.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts

·
hi im hitek
87 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: smokerings

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea the BSEL mod is your best bet since I'm not sure what mobo you have and if its capable of OC. If you don't want to mess around with conductive ink pens, all you have to do is use a tiny piece of electrical tape to get to 3GHz shown here.

This will change the fsb from 1066 to 1333 so make sure the mobo can run at that speed. Hope this helps..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts