Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the lowdown. The board I have will only go up to 1.6v for the CPU. Under load in windows, that's about 1.46-1.47v. There is no possible way I can get this higher.

I'm trying to get my Q6600 to at least 3.8GHz, but anything I try over 3.7 Results in instability after a few minutes of prime95, orthos and just about anything. Just bluescreens and restarts.

I have tried putting the FSB Voltage and the MCH Voltage both to +0.3v which is the higest I can set it.

Does anybody have any ideas? I have a feeling it is the limitation of the chip itself as I used to be able to get 470FSB when I had an E6300 due to its low multiplier. Is there anything I can do to increase the chips overclock stability apart from increasing the Vcore? (Which I can no longer do as it's maxed out atm)

I'm not considering doing any vdroop mods to the board itself.

If you need photos from the BIOS or any other information, I will get it for you.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didn't really want to mod anything but that mod looks pretty simple actually. My dad could do it for me..

Thanks

Edit: Could anybody tell me where the chip is in the picture? I can't seem to find it.

NM found it. I'll try it out this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts