Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
that is running at q9100 speeds. perhaps you just got an engineering sample with a higher multiplier. I don't own one of these chips yet (just ordered an q9100) but I'm pretty sure the multi is locked?? if not I'd like to get my q9100 to q9300 speeds
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its suppose to be locked. ive been having issues with BSOD in windows, all other the place, so random that theres no way to trace it
happen to turn off power savings, where cpu is 100% speed all time, and its running 2.26ghz, i was like ***, but its bouncing back and forth from 7.5 to 8.5
no bsod after stopping speed step

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
no idea, I'm no expert on these mobile quads. I have a p8400 duo right now. kinda sucks they are locked. I want the qx9300 but that thing is still way pricey. over $200.... worse case scenario you could pick up a q9100 for $100

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My T9600 runs a half multi higher than it's suppose to but it is an engineering sample chip. I do believe intel was beginning to work on a type of turbo boost with the mobile c2d and c2q at one point but it never made it to fruition until nehalem. You buy the chip off ebay?

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedracer View Post

My T9600 runs a half multi higher than it's suppose to but it is an engineering sample chip. I do believe intel was beginning to work on a type of turbo boost with the mobile c2d and c2q at one point but it never made it to fruition until nehalem. You buy the chip off ebay?
it is a ebay chip but its a OEM from a alienware, not a engineering sample
(last mobile ES i bought was to unstable to run so i chose to avoid it this time)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
here is the chip I'm looking at currently. best price I have found. do you think this is risky? might be an ES?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Quad-Mobile-Q9100-2-23GHz-1066FSB-QGMU-CPU-/330833949020?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5800992549748399323%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D330833949020%26

EDIT:
Quote:
Description:
QGMU is Q9100 Qualification Sample = ES Final = Very Stable just like OEM
QGMU is better than QAVK
please notice few laptop support Q9100, so please 100% make sure your laptop could upgrade to Q9100
If your Chipset is not GM45/PM45/GM47/PM47
And don't have a over 130Watt's A/C Adapter must not support

Any incompatible issue will charge 25% restock fees and buyers need well packing and send back!
sorry not trying to hijack your thread, its a "ES FINAL" bad??

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
it tells you like 100x its a ES lol, even wrote on the cpu lol.
ES cpus wont say the model on the cpu stamp, so if it was a regular it would say Q9100 at the top
that looks like the same listing as when i bought that unstable ES, so its up to you. the guy was fully understanding and returned it with full refund.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,705 Posts
The Q9000 will be better than the P8400 for sure.
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
ok, my q9000 is doing the EXACT same thing.. in CPUz it reads 7.5 multi, then quickly switches to 8.5 multi. like its revolving between the two. the cpu core speed keeps jumping up a few hundred mhz then jumping back down. I think I got a return lol

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_47 View Post

ok, my q9000 is doing the EXACT same thing.. in CPUz it reads 7.5 multi, then quickly switches to 8.5 multi. like its revolving between the two. the cpu core speed keeps jumping up a few hundred mhz then jumping back down. I think I got a return lol
Have you had any bsod's since install?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post

Have you had any bsod's since install?
are you sure you're running this q9000 with all 4 cores active? this is great. while I totally failed to passed bios post with my q9100 on dell vostro 1014 (gm45). can you tell me what is your laptop detail infos? i need it for my refference to work with my vostro 1014 for q9100. btw, in your case, i dont mind if i dont have proper multiplier, as long as i get all 4 cores active.

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy thread revival batman lol, if i remember correctly (has been 4 years) it did only have 2 cores running when i checked (i actually still have the cpu here somewhere lol)
I took the cpu back out due to bsod issues, i do not recall the model of the laptop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Holy thread revival batman lol, if i remember correctly (has been 4 years) it did only have 2 cores running when i checked (i actually still have the cpu here somewhere lol)
I took the cpu back out due to bsod issues, i do not recall the model of the laptop
yep... i'm having this quad core project due to reviving an old tech. and, yes... after some digging, it is only matter of bios microcode for intel core 2 quad for socket p. because of this pros n cons, intel also closing the refference infos (about cpu compatible list for gm45, pm45). if only i have a chance to extract microcode from a laptop that dedicated for c2q, or maybe someone very generous to provide from his / her laptop, then this unsolved mystery will finally concluded. and i'll put my bet, it works (maybe not full speed due to insufficient cooling), but at least i have an old rig that can compete asus rog, or dell alienware.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,705 Posts
Quote:

I'm not sure what's more epic of a turn-out, the fact that the thread was used for a proper purpose or the point that YOU, the actual OP of the thread, actually responded.
biggrin.gif
Amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.