Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem that is driving me crazy!

I am overclocking a Q9400 in a Shuttle SG45H7 with 4GB OCZ 1066 DDR2.

The default FSB is 333. When I raise it up to 400 there is no problem, even on stock voltage. As soon as I raise it to 401 FSB, the computer won't boot (no POST), regardless of the voltages I use, and no matter what CPU
RAM.

I have read of people using 450 FSB with 8.0 multiplier on the q9400. Also, have read people that are using SG45h7 with 415-420 FSB. I tried different memory to see if that helped, it didn't. I flashed the new BIOS, same thing happened.

Is there any way I can get above 400 FSB?? Thanks!

My settings now:
FSB: 400
Multiplier: 8.0
CPU
RAM 1:1
Spread disabled
C1E disabled
Virtualization disabled
Vcore: 1.3
Vram: 2.1

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Have you tried something like 420FSB? it could just be a hole, also try bumping up your NB (northbridge) voltage and your FSB termination voltage. Also ensure that your RAM is BELOW its stock settings (so its frequency and the timings) and ensure that the RAM is at the correct voltage.

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
your VTT needs to come up to at lest 1.40v

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead View Post
Is VTT the FSB termination voltage? My ASUS board has different names compared to most other boards.
Yes.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
DON'T mess with voltage or anything yet.

Try 402 or another higher number. I have had many motherboards that simply do not like certain odd numbers. I've had other boards that won't POST through entire ranges, then POST at higher frequencies ("FSB holes").

Example: Click the Q6600 link in my sig. That mobo will boot fine at 400 and 402, but will not POST at 401, it will just loop a blackscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts