Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys did a few benchmarks using my Q9550 clocked @ 4ghz and compared the results with higher end CPU's! The results were quite good but for video encoding the i7 demolishes it and not by just a little bit. If you overclock an i7 you will get extremely good gains and far supass the Quads.

Check my signature for details of my system









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True I only did the benchmarks to show the difference between a stock Q9550 and a overclocked 4ghz Q9550 but just threw in the others to compare as well.

Overall I am really happy much better than my old Q9400 which was clocked @ 3.6ghz and that was on 1.37v and had only 6mb cache! My Q9550 is clocked @ 4ghz with only 1.31v and 12mb cache!

Definately recommend the Q9550 Eo edition good overclocker on low volts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
is 4.5ghz possible with the 9550?
With the right cooling and motherboard i don't see why not.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason92 View Post
And it failed validation
Never the less if you know anything about Dryad it is legit. I myself cannot get anything validated in CPUZ,but my 4.5 is still as legit as anyone's. Some folks just cannot get validation
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelecevic View Post
True I only did the benchmarks to show the difference between a stock Q9550 and a overclocked 4ghz Q9550 but just threw in the others to compare as well.

Overall I am really happy much better than my old Q9400 which was clocked @ 3.6ghz and that was on 1.37v and had only 6mb cache! My Q9550 is clocked @ 4ghz with only 1.31v and 12mb cache!

Definately recommend the Q9550 Eo edition good overclocker on low volts!
thats a very nice rig, dude. I wanna buy the same P5Q Pro an the Queie.
Just wondering was it easy to get the Q9550 stable at 4Ghz on that mobo???

And what are ur load temps at 4Ghz with P95 with the Vendetta 2 cooler??

Thanks in advance.
TXL
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
867 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennyb View Post
Never the less if you know anything about Dryad it is legit. I myself cannot get anything validated in CPUZ,but my 4.5 is still as legit as anyone's. Some folks just cannot get validation

Thats a bugger about cpuz and that validation rejected I can run mine at 4.25ghz prime 95 all day and it still says rejected when I validate it what gives there?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason92 View Post
And it failed validation
Due to the 8GB's of Mushkin, it passes just fine @ those clocks with 2GB's of OCZ Flex/Crucial Ballistix w/Micron D9GCT.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by macsbeach98 View Post
I tried once to boot mine at 4.5ghz but it wasnt stable but if I tweaked the bios settings more I am sure I could get it stable Im running 4.25ghz 24/7 with 1.328v
I'm with ya there macsbeach. My 4.5 was screenshot only,never even tried to test. You are ahead of me ,my best stable so far is 4.2. Is your 4.25 voltage in Bios or CPUZ? either way it looks good
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by macsbeach98 View Post
in cpuz its 1.34 in bios with LLC enabled
Ya,sounds right. I needed 1.425v in BIOS to hit 4.5Ghz. I was weak in the knees,so just stayed there long enough for a screenie
Anyway very nice on your 4.25 +rep
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
867 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennyb View Post
Ya,sounds right. I needed 1.425v in BIOS to hit 4.5Ghz. I was weak in the knees,so just stayed there long enough for a screenie
Anyway very nice on your 4.25 +rep
Gee thanks for the Rep
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top