Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As you can see, that is my Q9550 drawing only 9.72W at Idle... The watts will double to ~20W at load in games, but I want to know if this is correct or not. I have C1 and Speedstep disabled... Temps will reach ~65c load tho (in Intel Burn Test), even with the low wattage reading of ~20w... (I use a decent 92mm Xigmatek HSF, with poor case ventilation).

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
that's not right...

Q9550's at stock have a TDP of 95w, and yours is overclocked.

you're drawing more wattage than that at full load

even at idle, it should more I think.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I am wondering... Should be a lot higher... BTW, I lowered OC to 3.4 instead of the 3.61 in sig (have to change in morn), but I still think that it should be higher... I dont think that HWMonitor can be wrong can it? It reads my volts right tho...

Also, remember, at full load it goes to a max of 20w, usually stays around 16w in games, and 20w in Intel Burn Test...

Going to sleep now, will check back in the morning.

·
Banned
582 Posts
hrmmmm. I'm not sure if this applies to you. q9550s I heard been refreshed to TDP 65Watt...

or it might just be wrong reading from your software. you can't really trust software 100% u kno?

try intel burn test. it tends to make my e8500 go over 65watt

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistargill
View Post

hrmmmm. I'm not sure if this applies to you. q9550s I heard been refreshed to TDP 65Watt...

or it might just be wrong reading from your software. you can't really trust software 100% u kno?

mine is a 95w...

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistargill
View Post

try intel burn test. it tends to make my e8500 go over 65watt

yes but they are all e0 stepping, eliminating that answer.

·
Nobody
6,467 Posts
Yea, it just doesn't read it correctly.

Mine says about 25w at idle and max at about 68w on normal load, which I highly doubt is accurate.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

Running IBT I can get it to hit 142w though for me, which I figure is close to what the max w should be.

·
Nobody
6,467 Posts
It's just reading it wrong, what are you worried about?

Are you having issues or something being unstable?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts