Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Q9550 in my sig rig was OCCT and Prime blend stable when I finished it.

Lately I was ripping DVDs to my server, and it bluescreened. I ran a Prime blend, which went about an hour and got a fail on worker 2. Ran OCCT one hour, passed and then bluescreened after when I opened prime again.

Here's the question: I backed it to 4.26, and it's stable again. SO do I re-tweak to get 4.3 back, or just let it go at 4.26?

Honestly any difference will be negligible, but it will bother me to have an in-between number. On the con side, maybe there is a reason it degraded, and I shouldn't push?

Current voltage numbers are:

VCore: 1.38 BIOS, 1.344 CPUz
MCH: 1.38
VTT: 1.36
CPU reference .785

I still have room on VCore, and maybe VTT. And of course just spending time to tune.

I had planned on shooting for 4.4-4.5, but honestly I don't know that it's worth the stress on the system, since for gaming I really don't think 4.26-4.4 will show much difference.

I dunno, what do you all think? I don't want to end up having the board die early just to get a little extra MHz

·
Registered
505 Posts
i would DEFINITELY not push it back up, the chip is clearly stressed, i would bring it down to 3.8, give it a rest, unless you are doing some very important work 24/7, theres no reason to run it over 3.6 other than an ego boost

if you want the chip to last i would back it down, mabye up the ram a little. you will not see a difference and you are likely to get much more life out of your build

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'll second !ender - keep it at 4.26GHz.

·
Registered
505 Posts
no intention of hijacking but i have to say jack that avatar just made me lol at work

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Push it to 4.6 and do some benching!! Get some points for OCN's HWBot team!

It's just like smoking: it makes you look cool and kills you[r hardware]!

EDIT: I'm sigging myself... I like that phrase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts