Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my MB supports up to 1333FSB CPU's, do you think that getting 3.3-3.4Ghz will be hard on my current MB? i don't want to upgrade to a EP43 or EP45 if that is possible

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2thAche View Post
Bump the multiple down on your E5300 and see if your board can run 400FSB stable. If so, you might have a chance.
my FSB can't go higher than 343FSB but maybe its a CPU wall and not a chipset wall, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
You say it can't go above 343mhz FSB, but is that with the multiplier up? If you did for example, 400x6=2.4ghz that would be below stock so the vcore needed would be stock or even a little less. You would more than likely need to increase the NB voltage and maybe the VTT a little.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2thAche View Post
Bump the multiple down on your E5300 and see if your board can run 400FSB stable. If so, you might have a chance.
Change it to a lower number, like 7 or 8.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenInferno View Post
You say it can't go above 343mhz FSB, but is that with the multiplier up? If you did for example, 400x6=2.4ghz that would be below stock so the vcore needed would be stock or even a little less. You would more than likely need to increase the NB voltage and maybe the VTT a little.
its 343 @ 6x multiplier but i never tried to raise the VTT or NB voltage

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2thAche
View Post

You'll have to raise the NB.

No NB control in my MB, only VTT control

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenInferno
View Post

you should. It might be called MCH voltage.

yes i found it and raised both the MCH and VTT to 1.4 but no luck getting past 343FSB...maybe its a CPU FSB wall and not a MB FSB wall?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will i will buy a quad core anyway, if my current MB can go 400FSB+ then i will leave it, it not i will just buy a GA-EP45-UD3L/R and be done with it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts