Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently purchased a second QCK+ for testing purposes, and noticed that the grain is rougher horizontally than vertically. This is the opposite of every mouse pad I've ever known and certainly opposite my QCK and first QCK+. Anyone ever come across this? Should I contact Steel Series support?

I've been looking into getting a QCKXXL and was comparing new vs worn surfaces. If this is a new iteration of the QCK that would kinda be weird; so I'm just looking to see if this is a mistake or design.

Thanks

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Where did you buy from? Counterfeits exist and there's a lot of them

But as far as I know the QCK is designed to have the same glide horizontally and vertically

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it from SS amazon store; so it's definitely legit. And most pads have a slightly rougher vertical in my experience. QCKs is actually a pretty substantial difference IMO; especially after its worn in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hmmm
afaik qck's(new as well) have the same glide vertically and horizontally
That's weird

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The added roughness doesn't affect glide much at all IMO; but it does feel way worse on my skin when swiping. If you wanna get an idea of what I'm talking about slide just the tips of your fingers across the pad in both directions with a bit of pressure.

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
probably not normal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralloff View Post

Hey all,

I recently purchased a second QCK+ for testing purposes, and noticed that the grain is rougher horizontally than vertically. This is the opposite of every mouse pad I've ever known and certainly opposite my QCK and first QCK+. Anyone ever come across this? Should I contact Steel Series support?

I've been looking into getting a QCKXXL and was comparing new vs worn surfaces. If this is a new iteration of the QCK that would kinda be weird; so I'm just looking to see if this is a mistake or design.

Thanks
my QCK+ and QCK heavy are rougher vertically

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:

Hey all,

Thanks
I had the same feeling, i think they changed it since they changed the back of the QCK with one that has their logo on it.
Can you check the back of ur pads for me?

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solz View Post

I had the same feeling, i think they changed it since they changed the back of the QCK with one that has their logo on it.
Your QCK heavy has a logo on the rubber (underside) ??

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
I just opened a fresh qck heavy and it's even speed in both directions.. I think you got a defect or a fake

·
Overclocker
11,643 Posts
My old 2006 QCK definitely has the weave in this shape |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
So in one direction if you drag your nail it goes over the lines where as in the other it goes along the lines. This does not affect how well the mouse glides in horizontal and vertical direction you can and I have turned it around in all 4 directions and used it in all of them with the same performance and glide. I don't know how they cut out the new ones or where they print the logo these days but I bet the surface is the same as ever, a ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| kind of surface.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

All of the pads have the standard non logo's rubber mesh on the the back. I thought the new logo back was only on the XXL? Is yours a newer one?

I have a feeling that some of these newer ones are either a bad batch somehow or designed this way. Recently in a CSGO DM someone asked if people had issues with the QCK hurting their wrist with roughness, which their new QCK was doing. This is similar to what I experience using the rough direction for side to side movement.

It's also entirely possible that the fabric is the standard, but the orientation of the fabric is arbitrary; thus resulting in some pads with horizontal grain and some with vertical. I have difficulty believing that they don't care though.

Are there any Steel Series reps on overclock?

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Never seen one on here, I have two qck heavy and both seem normal besides the never being flat lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:

All of the pads have the standard non logo's rubber mesh on the the back. I thought the new logo back was only on the XXL? Is yours a newer one?

I have a feeling that some of these newer ones are either a bad batch somehow or designed this way. Recently in a CSGO DM someone asked if people had issues with the QCK hurting their wrist with roughness, which their new QCK was doing. This is similar to what I experience using the rough direction for side to side movement.

It's also entirely possible that the fabric is the standard, but the orientation of the fabric is arbitrary; thus resulting in some pads with horizontal grain and some with vertical. I have difficulty believing that they don't care though.

Are there any Steel Series reps on overclock?
For me they had logo on the back since like 6 months on the QCK Heavy and QCK+ (Team editions)

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Yesh
screenshot, never seen this before.. literally got one from amazon a few days ago opened it and no logo on the back side; qck heavy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

screenshot, never seen this before.. literally got one from amazon a few days ago opened it and no logo on the back side; qck heavy
haha do you think i'm lying
tongue.gif
?

here its potato quality so hope you can see it.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:

haha do you think i'm lying
tongue.gif
?

here its potato quality so hope you can see it.

I don't think that's a QCK heavy, that looks like the free one you get when you purchase one of their mice from the steelseries webshop, called the steelseries QCK Vector

If it's not that then it's not a normal QCK heavy imo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I don't think that's a QCK heavy, that looks like the free one you get when you purchase one of their mice from the steelseries webshop, called the steelseries QCK Vector

If it's not that then it's not a normal QCK heavy imo
It's a normal qck heavy what are you talkin about you do realize its the back of the pad not the top?

Qck vector isnt even the same size as the heavy, and all my pads since 2016 have this backing (heavy,qck+ fnatic,qck+ navi)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts