Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Heavy vs talent?(my mouse is naos 7000 optical)
Please consider:
1.I want a mousepad with good speed for Reactions but not slippery,sth with good stopping power(good balance between initial motion and stopping power or balance between speed and control)

2.I want a comfortable mousepad for my hand rest with perfect texture feel.Im looking for sth smooth.

3.I really hate when my wrist and pinky(actually naos 7000 has pinky rest but...) drag on **** and sticky textures.

4.which one is stainless and machine washable and more durable?

Currently Im using goliathus speed but my wrist cannot drag properly on the texture(it kinda feels sticky).
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I have both, the talent is much more durable than the qkc. Talent is thicker though, so if that's an issue you should be aware of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFGR View Post

I feel your pain, talent should be fine as long you don't sweat much and/or use it on a room with high humidity.
Im living in a city with lot of humidity and I dont sweat but my problem is my big hands and long fingers so please tell me about comfort and texture feel also balance between speed and control.Thx

·
Banned
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickles View Post

I have both, the talent is much more durable than the qkc. Talent is thicker though, so if that's an issue you should be aware of it.
Maybe more durable than a standard qck, but a qck heavy is definitely more durable. The edges on my talent are completely frayed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
No Steelseries product tracks as good as the Talent, it's not even close the control at high speeds on a talent vs the heavy / qck+. Not only that but the heavy even brand new feels like a swamp pad. Way too much resistance on that initial movement.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've got about 5 Puretrak pads (multiples of talent, complexity) and currently using a QCK+. The extra height matters for me, and I prefer the extra friction to balance out the light weight mice i prefer.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranseed View Post

Maybe more durable than a standard qck, but a qck heavy is definitely more durable. The edges on my talent are completely frayed.
My talent came NIB with frayed edges. Should be worth mentioning the edges haven't frayed further, yet.

I haven't usd a QcK heavy yet but I have used a QcK+ and a Talent. I prefer the feel of the Talent it feels more like silk on my fingers. I also have long fingers so they often touch the pad.
For overall mouse feel on both pads I prefered the talent, it felt more slippery in general -i.e., less force to move & less to continue.
The Talent is thick but to me it is in no way soft, it takes a lot of force to push down slightly. So don't expect to be able to slow down a lot by pushing into the talent.

As @CookieBook mentioned the Corsair M200, it is probably a good bet. I've used it and it felt soft on my skin, and soft when I pushed my mouse into it. The issue I had however was it felt slow to begin a movement with.

I'd also like to note that I don't rest my hand on the pad, I kind of hover right on the surface. So I've noticed I tend to experience different feels with different pads then other people have reported.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitavreb View Post

Talent doesn't handle sweaty wrists/palms that well?
No, hybrid pads never do and the glide will feel different in different humidities. This is why I prefer the qck. Its far more consistent for me.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Two of my friends with Avior 7000s had low malfunction speed problems on the Heavy, not sure why. The Talent just seems like the overall better pad than the QcKs anyway, and it's what I use.

·
Registered
770 Posts
qck+ generally has lower malfunction speeds compared to puretrak talent. Puretrak talent is the safer buy.

I've only used a qck+ for 6 years though, so what do I know >_>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts