Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have my cpu overclocked to 3.0, all I did was change the fsb to 333 to get up to 3.0, what should I set it to if i want 3.2?

as of know my vcore is 1.344v and get temps avg at 35C.

Thanks in advance,
Nacho

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts
Be sure you have tested for stability... I prefer OCCT 2.0 (google it) it has an option for a 2hr cpu test that IMO if it passes your system is stable.. I have been running my OC 24/7 for over 6 months with no issues..

If all is stable..

up the FSB to 340 test for stability, then 350 and repeat til unstable or load temps begin to excede 65c under load...... upping 10 at a time and when it becomes unstable, bump up the cpu voltage a little and test again is the usual procedure

You may need to add a little voltage to the FSB and CPU for 3.2 tho...

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're asking what you want to set your FSB to, 355 mhz.

Your multiplier is set to 9x. If you want to figure out what your ghz will be (3.2) in this case, you just multilpy the multiplier by the FSB (which is in mhz). So, the Q6600 is always locked between 6x-10x, but you said your mhz is 333 and that came out to 3.0 3000/333 = 9 (about). So if you're multiplier is 9 and you want to achive 3.2 ghz, you just divide 3200 by 9 and you get your FSB, 355 (about). Play with it a little. For the voltage, it's trial and error (unless someone eles can just give it to you, but I don't think theres any easy math to find that out on it's own.)

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nachomaster
View Post

Hey guys, I have my cpu overclocked to 3.0, all I did was change the fsb to 333 to get up to 3.0, what should I set it to if i want 3.2?

as of know my vcore is 1.344v and get temps avg at 35C.

Thanks in advance,
Nacho

I recntly built a Q6600/P5Q setup and was able to OC to 3.4GHz. The NB needed 1.26v for that OC. I would recommend setting the transaction booster to 8 while OCing, then lower it to find the stable setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts