7,127 Posts

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,588 Posts
Wouldnt it be more like $2500?

·
PC Evangelist
47,492 Posts
They have a bit more higher power consumption then HD 6970 but that being said when in CF 1200W is more then enough.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post

For mild to moderate overclock, get the 1500w MaxRevo. For extreme overclcoking + CPU he will need 2 PSUs.

Trust the real world user experience http://www.overclock.net/t/1186014/how-to-distribute-load-on-enermax-maxrevo-1500w#post_15974914
This.

Hmm, I've been thinking of sending back my brand new but slightly faulty Galaxy Evo 1250 instead of waiting for it's replacement from Amazon. Been eyeing that 1500w Silverstone lolz. Whatcha think Ken, dooeet?

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

If you hate seing another PSU dangling outside the case then get a MaxRevo 1,500w but take it easy with the Quad. Once you play with the 7970s clocks, the power draw is out of equation.

I had burnt many things during my PC life due to PSUs.
I haven't seen any reviews on the Maxrevo 1500w. On JG's site, he liked the Maxrevo 1350w but it wasn't the best at regulation. JG on the other hand gushed over the Silverstone... so I dunno.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

The MaxRevo 1,350w will do. The 1,500w only has around 150w peak rated power over the 1,350w unit, iirc. The 1,350w is gold plus certified, that's all about it.

Playing with Quad and worried about regulation/efficiency
axesmiley.png
Well, the reason I went with the Galaxy Evo 1250 is it puts out 1450w you know... 100 bucks more for the Silverstone 1500w for 100w max (in the CL test)... it's kind of an expensive proposition. The Maxrevo is just about as expensive a proposition as well. Not a huge gain, for 33% more cost! Both the bigger units are quality, don't get me wrong.

***? The quality of its ability to regulate and stay in spec is what separates these units. Btw, the Silverstone puts out 1761w max which is a bit over the Maxrevos.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post

My 4 Asus 7970 Quad-Fire are working fine on my Antec HCP-1200.
That was the other choice, Silverstone or the HCP. But then again I haven't fully decided, 3 or 4 cards...
wink.gif

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You have 8 PCIe cables on the Antec HCP-1200, and only 6 on the Corsair AX1200. Don`t know how many the Silverstone have. You should decide how nay cards you want to use before making your choice.
wink.gif

The Antec is rock-solid, one of the best PSU on the market... but its fugly, and really noisy with the tiny 80mm fan with a really high load. My Corsair AX1200 is much quieter with the same load.

So. If bling and low noise are important for you, then the Antec HCP-1200 is not for you...

But if bling and noise are not important, and you want a rock-stable, and probably the best PSU on the market, then the Antec is for you.
thumb.gif

But fugly and noisy.
biggrin.gif

And... deep down inside you... I know you want to go Quad-Fire... stop fighting it! live with it!
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE View Post

So would a 1000w be good for just 2 of them?
With everything overclocked, that's the minimum I would go. Not that the system will draw 1,000w but to have some headroom for safety and cooler operation. I will never stress the PSU over 80% of its rated capacity, not even the peak load spikes. A good quality PSU is $300 at most. Consider it buying insurance for the rest of the system and a peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Quote:

First of all, Lev is cheating
lmaosmiley.gif

Second of all, he is no telling the whole thruth
oneeyedsmiley02.png

He has another unit to power everything else other than the GPUs and CPU
upsidedwnsmiley.gif
Yeah. I'm using a Corsair AX850 to power my 32 GT fans and my 4 pumps MCP655.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post

Quote:

First of all, Lev is cheating
lmaosmiley.gif

Second of all, he is no telling the whole thruth
oneeyedsmiley02.png

He has another unit to power everything else other than the GPUs and CPU
upsidedwnsmiley.gif
Yeah. I'm using a Corsair AX850 to power my 32 GT fans and my 4 pumps MCP655.
biggrin.gif
Please don't prove me wrong by running Prime95 + Furmark with everything overclocked.

Unless Antec is paying for all of it, I would love to see the live video stream demonstration
lmaosmiley.gif

1 - 20 of 31 Posts