Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a hard time believing that parallel on 4 MCW82 blocks would be the best idea. Anyone actually running a quad SLI setup that has any input?? I'm thinking of running the top two cards in Parallel, then serial into the bottom two cards (also parallel). Picture is below. On the left would be the full parallel setup and on the right shows my idea. Input would be saweet
cheers.gif

Thanks,
Kp

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

A 2x1 parallel gives you the best balance.
So I should go with the parallel+serial setup (that what the 2x1 parallel means lol)? And more information I probably should have provided to start is listed below:

SR-2 Motherboard block/VREG block
Dual Raystorm CPU blocks
Dual MC35x pumps in serial

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Nono, not at all. Btw, that's goin to be a big arse build eh? You might even consider adding a third pump hehe.
If two 35x pumps in serial dont do it then I suppose I'll have to add a third (probably dual loops at that point
frown.gif
) lol

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
I would recommend over-sizing your radiator capacity if you intend to run higher voltage settings as upwards of 50watts of pump heat can really make diminishing returns on flow apparent sooner than you'd think
She's a wicked beasty alright.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3||scr3am View Post

lol kpforce, let me introduce you to my main loop's pump....
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/Iwaki-RD-30-Pump-Review.html
Iwaki RD-30s... buy one, use it forever.... these things are BEASTLY! although feeding them 24V can get costly... I use 18v.
Holy crap batman lol.... I'm hoping I won't need that but you never know I suppose. Thanks for the post though and if i did need it I would have to put that on the external radiator because I wouldn't want it anywhere near me lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Your 2x 35x pumps should be more than enough. I use 2x 350 with a XSPC dual pump top and a 350 with a XSPC pump top and my flow is great.

Loop is, Res > Dual Pumps > 4x MCW60 > 140 > CPU > 360 > 480 > 120 > back to res.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post

There's nothing wrong with option #1, it'll be less restrictive
thumb.gif

But either way will work fine.
My loop (full parallel):
Out of curiosity what is the delta across all three of your 580's in parallel?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.