Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is running it? I have another 260 that I want to run, need a new mobo, however If I was going to do that I was going to buy another and quad SLI. Want to see what users who have this have to report.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
First of all, you cannot Quad SLI GTX 260s, only Tri SLI...

The only way to Quad SLI Nvidia cards would be to use a dual GPU card, such as the 9800 GX2 or the GTX 295.

Tri SLI GTX 260s are amazing though, and if you already have the third GTX 260, then getting a new motherboard to support the Tri SLI is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that settles that, I will just get a 780i then and do tri-sli

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
What 780i are you going to go for? I love my Asus 780i Striker II. Although It has a rather large vdroop, I have never had any problems with it. It has also got my E8600 to 4.5Ghz with ease.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
XFX 780i with an eVGA BIOS. Best nForce board combo ever. (I've been looking for ways to see if my 750i from XFX can have the 750i BIOS from eVGA as well, but still no joy. I know that it's been done before with the 780i though.)

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
I thought the only board capable of quad sli (with 4 cards) is the EVGA Classified 4-way SLI (which would be awesome to get)

I know there are plenty of boards that accept quad crossfire (i.e. bloodrage) but quad sli seems a pick trickier to obtain (and afford) with 4 GPUS

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Certain Asus p6t boards can quad sli as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

First of all, you cannot Quad SLI GTX 260s, only Tri SLI...

The only way to Quad SLI Nvidia cards would be to use a dual GPU card, such as the 9800 GX2 or the GTX 295.

Tri SLI GTX 260s are amazing though, and if you already have the third GTX 260, then getting a new motherboard to support the Tri SLI is definitely worth it.

Well, he can always buy the evga gtx 285 classified and quad sli that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts