Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm guessing it would get between 500-700 ppd.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Yes, but the PPD will be terrible. Maybe 500 or so.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Yeah, I'd just set up more of those i7s

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blah.... I will save that for the Fold-a-thon... Stanford needs to get better on the corperate involvement.... I work for a company that had about 3,000 computers and a 2,000 Sqfoot Server room wall to wall with rows of servers...

the company I work for could put well over 10 million points just between the hours of 7Pm and 4am when no one is using it....

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,045 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus2727
View Post

Stanford needs to get better on the corperate involvement....

I concur.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Blah.... I will save that for the Fold-a-thon... Stanford needs to get better on the corperate involvement.... I work for a company that had about 3,000 computers and a 2,000 Sqfoot Server room wall to wall with rows of servers...

the company I work for could put well over 10 million points just between the hours of 7Pm and 4am when no one is using it....
Damn......

I can't wait to see your output for those 3 days

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
I hear you, I have the one P4 set up folding where I work, I'd love to bring the C2Ds on line as well, but bringing on more than one of them is unlikely

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post

Have you not seen PG's PPD last few days? Where do you think that's coming from?

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Have you not seen PG's PPD last few days? Where do you think that's coming from?

So they have racks of servers just for folding? If so, why don't they produce 10mil+ PPD consistently?

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx+ View Post
So they have racks of servers just for folding? If so, why don't they produce 10mil+ PPD consistently?
From what I hear, they have 'contants' who donate servers when PD need to do some testing.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
From what I hear, they have 'contants' who donate servers when PD need to do some testing.
Do you mean 'contacts'?

That would explain the results nicely, it would be cool if we could get donations that would quadruple our PPD, even if briefly

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
I put it in inverted commas specifically because I can't/don't want to/am being forced not to even as I speak because someone is poking me with a stick/shouldn't say.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

I put it in inverted commas specifically because I can't/don't want to/am being forced not to even as I speak because someone is poking me with a stick/shouldn't say.

This sentence makes little enough sense that I'm seriously considering sigging it

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Makes more sense than what's already in your sig... don't think it's worthy to be honest.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

Makes more sense than what's already in your sig... don't think it's worthy to be honest.

Yeah, maybe not.
I select the quotes for my sig from among the dumbest I can find across OCN.....and yours, I'm sorry to day, doesn't meet that requirement

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Not dumb enough...

Damn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts