Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so me and a bunch of friends just got this and i was wondering if some one could help me out here ive set up a server where ne one can join but well umm what would be the IP and port etc etc and how do i go about getting them to join ! ?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Click on the link here on this site that reads " What's my IP Address"

that will tell you what your IP address is and that is the IP address your friends will need to connect to. The port Number is 27960

They will need to do these steps in order

1. Start Quake 3
2. Click on Multiplayer
3. Click Specify
4. Enter your IP address in the address field
5. Make sure port is 27960
6. Click the Fight button

If they do it correctly you will be fragging

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by HotDog

If they do it correctly you will be fragging

Very Tru ha

Ok so how or well what do i set my server as ?? Internet ?? and if so how do i password lock it if possible ?

82.41.92.246 thats what it says in my BB Stat window along with Subnet and Default Gateway :/

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well when you set the server up you want to make sure that it is not a dedicated server because you want to play on the same computer right?

also you really cant set a server password through quake 3 but you can get software that will setup a quake 3 server for you and password it.

Check this link

http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.a...=2&s=33381&v=0

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey HotDog do you know where i can find Commands to USE as like Admin i can run the Server On the Net as in on the server list and play at some time but i want to know al ist of commands i can use In Game and outside of game in the Code Window so i can kick ppl so friends can join

·
Registered
975 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHzrd

Hey HotDog do you know where i can find Commands to USE as like Admin i can run the Server On the Net as in on the server list and play at some time but i want to know al ist of commands i can use In Game and outside of game in the Code Window so i can kick ppl so friends can join

I think this should help you out:
http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/q3...-setup_a.shtml

Oh btw, check out the rest of that web; there's lots of mods, models, maps, scripts, ect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts