Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, your thoughts please

What does it take to be a mod?
- A passion for overclocking. You live and breathe this ocing.
- Expertise in your field. You know your stuff and can spot misinformation.
- An active presence on the overclock.net forum. At least 5 days a week is needed to ensure a proper mod presence.
- A helping demeanor - no matter how silly/repetitive the post
- A good eye. You can spot a post that needs to be moved, or a flame that needs to be deleted, a mile away.
- Patience â€" even with repetitive tasks. Splitting threads the 167th time feels just like the first.

How do you become a mod?
- Currently, mods are chosen by other mods and by overclock.net staff. Be patient, everyone's considered for the job

- Member nominations are a primary factor in slecting mods.

·
Registered
446 Posts
2000 posts in 4 months, I've never had that many posts on a forum in my life....

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Me neither... I actually never thought I'd stick around this long, didn't find such a friendly environment in many of the other forums

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts

sometimes i feel we just need a good babysitter but good overclocker is a plus..

yes definately a requirement, this would stop alot of flame wars if someone would just put someone in there place that was a moderator

- An active presence on the overclock.net forum. At least 5 days a week is needed to ensure a proper mod presence.
consider overclock net mod a full time hobby

yes but i dont think the mod should just post the information, if the info is in a guide the moderator should link them to the guide... Some of the noobs just expect us to give up the information they need and dont search for it... I could be wrong on this one.. but how often have you seen this posted...
I'm a noob, how do i rais my FSB??

- A good eye. You can spot a post that needs to be moved, or a flame that needs to be deleted, a mile away.
yes i think a keen eye is very important, but at the same time need to be able to decide what is a flame war and what is a friendly argument

Mods need to be like big brothers, they need to seperate us when we get in a fight, and show us what were doing wrong.... And on the rare occasion point and laugh

anyways heres my two cents

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Dang, I couldnt find one thing on the list that describes me.
Plus If I were a mod Ide have to behave.
, and have spell check.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Dang, I couldnt find one thing on the list that describes me.
Plus If I were a mod Ide have to behave.

I think I have pretty much all of the traits, but the live and breathe overclocking. But I will have that status as soon as I can get cooling that I feel comfortable with.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

What happened to our mods anyways, they're not around as much anymore...

There getting old, they need more naps now.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Since the day i found this site in a google search i have been uber active 100+ posts in like 15 days... Its to bad i dunno squat lol. btw oc.net has a staff??? ermm...lol i was just wondering how this site is run

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Currently there's two Admins (that I know of) and 3 moderators, but I think the reason admin is looking for more mods is because the site has grown pretty large (almost 5,000 members) even though like 10% of the member base actually comes in often.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

Since the day i found this site in a google search i have been uber active 100+ posts in like 15 days... Its to bad i dunno squat lol. btw Overclock.Net has a staff??? ermm...lol i was just wondering how this site is run

::sigh:: I think it's time the truth was told. I ran this site. I am the puppetmaster if you will. I decided to keep it secret until the puppets began to fight back. They now have cut there strings and are free of me. ::tear::

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

::sigh:: I think it's time the truth was told. I ran this site. I am the puppetmaster if you will. I decided to keep it secret until the puppets began to fight back. They now have cut there strings and are free of me. ::tear::

I hope that you were joking.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Yep

from 5000 miles off

so far around 10 hours a day 7 days a week

been there, done that, grown tired of but now used to it

i get fed up of seeing flames or ppl who cant post in the right place it annoys me, im efficent

- Patience â€" even with repetitive tasks. Splitting threads the 167th time feels just like the first.

editing is fun

now my question, was a meant to answer thoughs questions?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

now my question, was a meant to answer thoughs questions?

Translation: Now my question, was I meant to answer those questions?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts