Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Iam a massive fan of remedy games, I think Max Payne and Alan Wake games are some of the best games ever made, so it's only logical Iam looking forward to their newest game.
But I probably won't be playing it because there is simply no way to buy the PC version of the game right now and it's for the win 10 only, Iam running on win 8.1. I see no reason to switch to win 10 anyway..
So, what exactly is the beef with the PC version of this game? I can't buy it anywhere, but the ****ty win 10 store, there are even no retail boxed copies for PC available too...

Will this game be gimped like the other UWP games like Rise of Tomb Raider and Gears of War?

What are your thoughts?

·
What should be here ?
5,744 Posts
The reason you can't buy is because Remedy are exclusive to MS and Xbox. Any games that they launch has to go to Xbox and / PC. Hence, its only available on UWP and Xbox. There isn't any beef with PC, just that MS wants to profit from the investment it made in Xbox (by having remedy, like naughty dogs have their games fro Xbox only) & PC (Windows 10).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

The reason you can't buy is because Remedy are exclusive to MS and Xbox. Any games that they launch has to go to Xbox and / PC. Hence, its only available on UWP and Xbox. There isn't any beef with PC, just that MS wants to profit from the investment it made in Xbox (by having remedy, like naughty dogs have their games fro Xbox only) & PC (Windows 10).
The only official information about PC version for Quantum Break is this : http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/
And even there is no way to buy the damn game...I smell something fishy going on. I hate to see the game being for UWP only, as I said we all know how gimped their UWP games are, just look at Rise of Tomb Raider or Gears of War Ultimate.

Oh and I think you made a mistake there, Iam sure naughty dog are owned by sony, not microsoft

I hope UWP dies a quick death as soon as possible for the sake of everyone(Remember the GFWL? lol) and I hope quantum break will be released on other platforms, such as steam for example.

·
What should be here ?
5,744 Posts
We can wish for it, but as long as Win10 has sucess, MS would keep their games inhouse to take advantage of their united storefront. Also, yes ND is for Sony (lost in translation) but the fact does not change that they exclusively develop their games for PS. Same with Remedy. MS is just looking to boost its platform adoption.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

We can wish for it, but as long as Win10 has sucess, MS would keep their games inhouse to take advantage of their united storefront. Also, yes ND is for Sony (lost in translation) but the fact does not change that they exclusively develop their games for PS. Same with Remedy. MS is just looking to boost its platform adoption.
Well naughty dog is owned by sony, but microsoft doesn't own remedy.

·
What should be here ?
5,744 Posts
When you sign that contract with your name and what you can and cannot do with money on the table, it does not matter who owns whom. Money is what does the talkng

·
Registered
165 Posts
I kept searching the web in order to buy the damn game, but wasn't able to... Came here and saw that others feel the same way - sonething fishy may be looming here.

So, I guess I can't play the game tomorrow when it releases, by the looks of it.

·
13,090 Posts
If MS wants this new idea for high end game titles to only be available on XBox or through the Windows 10 store, they need to make sure PC gamers can still full customize graphics options and allow mods. At least Remedy's page details full unlocked Graphics settings, only things missing:
- locked FPS options
- AA quality setting instead of just ON/OFF
- Display adapter selector for people with multi-GPU setups like Intel iGPU + Discrete
- Borderless Window using fullscreen resolution
- this might be there, but it would be nice to see how much GPU memory on average is used by the various memory intensive settings like texture quality and AA

http://www.remedygames.com/quantum-break-pc-settings-revealed/

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlank View Post

I kept searching the web in order to buy the damn game, but wasn't able to... Came here and saw that others feel the same way - sonething fishy may be looming here.

So, I guess I can't play the game tomorrow when it releases, by the looks of it.
It's just more than weird. First they announce the PC version, then they say it's going to be for win 10 only and you can't even buy the game on release. What the hell? Something sure smells fishy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

If MS wants this new idea for high end game titles to only be available on XBox or through the Windows 10 store, they need to make sure PC gamers can still full customize graphics options and allow mods. At least Remedy's page details full unlocked Graphics settings, only things missing:
- locked FPS options
- AA quality setting instead of just ON/OFF
- Display adapter selector for people with multi-GPU setups like Intel iGPU + Discrete
- Borderless Window using fullscreen resolution
- this might be there, but it would be nice to see how much GPU memory on average is used by the various memory intensive settings like texture quality and AA

http://www.remedygames.com/quantum-break-pc-settings-revealed/
Finally, at least something. What about 144 hz support. What does that 30 fps lock even mean? Does it mean the framerate is unlocked when it's set to off or what? I'd like to know what type of aa is it using when it is set to on too...So erm, today is the release date. So where exactly can be the game obtained for PC ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/games/quantum-break/9nblggh6h0rv?#

through the link above i can view the game's store page in the store app and it says FREE for me since i pre-ordered the X1 ver. digitally
Yeah and that's still the xbone version, you still can't buy a PC version unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

70€ on the EU store?

nope
hahaha I know right ?
biggrin.gif

Iam used to games costing around 30 euro on PC, not 70
biggrin.gif
The last game I bought on PC was mad max and it was 30 euro on launch, lol !
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato87 View Post

Yeah and that's still the xbone version, you still can't buy a PC version unfortunately...
hahaha I know right ?
biggrin.gif

Iam used to games costing around 30 euro on PC, not 70
biggrin.gif
The last game I bought on PC was mad max and it was 30 euro on launch, lol !
smile.gif
Yeah 70€ for a digital game that has flaws is just stretching it. Especially when it is 59$ lol.

I can live without the game, because I have 40 games on Steam in my backlog and Dark Souls III is coming out in 1 week.

If Quantum Break was a stellar PC game, that runs great, is releasing on Steam, costs 50€ and has all the features that I am looking for in a PC game then I would be delighted to pay 50€ for it, but for 70€ with flaws no thanks Microsoft I go buy spicy hot wings for the rest of the months instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

Yeah 70€ for a digital game that has flaws is just stretching it. Especially when it is 59$ lol.

I can live without the game, because I have 40 games on Steam in my backlog and Dark Souls III is coming out in 1 week.

If Quantum Break was a stellar PC game, that runs great, is releasing on Steam, costs 50€ and has all the features that I am looking for in a PC game then I would be delighted to pay 50€ for it, but for 70€ with flaws no thanks Microsoft I go buy spicy hot wings for the rest of the months instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hah, I still haven't beat witcher 3 or far cry primal so I have at least something to make me busy over the coming month, after that comes doom and Iam not sure I would even care about quantum break that much to be honest...I'll defnitely wait and see how rubbish the PC port is and then buy it cheap on christmas this year on steam, if it ever comes out on steam of course, lol.

·
waiting for Driver update
5,981 Posts
52€ but in my country's currency

seems pretty legit and way cheaper than the local stores here ( 60€ + is the usual price if not higher )

·
waiting for Driver update
5,981 Posts
i guess the Nvidia keynote in GTC 2016 will keep me busy until i get the code

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seid Dark View Post

It's like Microsoft wants this game to flop on PC. Awful price + Windows Store only = very low sales.
what exactly is the point of the game being released on PC if the game is basically not only exclusive to win 10 but you can't even buy it outside their gimped UWP platform and windows store...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts