Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sapphire 9600XT and when i OC it, core:512 memory: 315. after 5min theres some artifact on the screen, should i increse the AGP voltage to get it stable without artifact?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongchen_han

I have a Sapphire 9600XT and when i OC it, core:512 memory: 315. after 5min theres some artifact on the screen, should i increse the AGP voltage to get it stable without artifact?

Well, maybe it is overheating if it shows you artifacts.. ? At first try to get a better cooling, or if it has it, maybe it depends on your ambient..

·
Registered
386 Posts
its either your agp voltage low or you need better coolin, upyour voltage to 1.6 and tell us what happens.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive never heard of upping the AGP voltage in response to artifacts? Someone please clarify. I've never ever heard of changing the AGP voltage for any reason. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongchen_han

I've got a sapphire 9600xt, too, the one with the heatpipe => pitiful cooling.. but mine overclocks higher than yours.. core: 526, mem: 333 ...

Whats your fan setup in that case?

get the latest drivers for the card and check the temps (display settings - settings - advanced- overdrive).. so you'll find out whether its overheating or some other cause.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
AGP voltage probably won't help the card as it's the voltage for the AGP signal from the AGP slot to the Northbridge controler. I had originaly thought it was for the graphics core as well, but it's not, the card regulates that through its own BIOS. Generaly, with how hot cards run as is, upping the voltage wouldn't be a good idea unless you have water cooling or something to that extent. Video Artifacting is instability, lost signal that creates anomalies, only way to stop it is to cool it down alot or lower the clocks.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
so if you had amazing cooling on the northbridge, you could crank up the agp voltage and get some better speeds? or will that cause more instability?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts