Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I have two 2GB DDR5 680's if they are from two different manufacturers? For example, I own a Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 can I SLI it with an EVGA GTX 680 2GB DDR5?

Do the card come with the SLI connector?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDrocks View Post

Yes but the cards will be running at which ever card has the lowest speed...
Actually no, they run at whatever speed they run at, especially with the boost clocks varying from everycard, they no longer have to be in sync.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPDrop ascend View Post

Can I have two 2GB DDR5 680's if they are from two different manufacturers? For example, I own a Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 can I SLI it with an EVGA GTX 680 2GB DDR5?
Do the card come with the SLI connector?
No, the motherboard should come with the SLI connector

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you are saying its okay to do this? it wont hinder my performance?

Should I turn Sync off on precisionx ?

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

Actually no, they run at whatever speed they run at, especially with the boost clocks varying from everycard, they no longer have to be in sync.
Oh I have been told/read that it runs at the one with the lower speed.....
And op, the SLI connecter should come with the motherboard.
thumb.gif

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So If I had two of the same Galaxy 680's they would both run at their own speed ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDrocks View Post

Oh I have been told/read that it runs at the one with the lower speed.....
And op, the SLI connecter should come with the motherboard.
thumb.gif
It used to. But I think he is correct in saying that they fixed that.

But as others have said as well your SLI bridge should be in your motherboard box.

Just make sure your board supports SLI before buying the second card!
smile.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
My cards aren't synced in precision and one boosts 50+ mhz higher than the other and everything benches/runs fine, and if i sync them to the lower card they bench lower

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So does that mean I can have two different brands of a 2gb gtx 680 (galaxy 2gb gtx 680, evga 2gb gtx 680 for example) and there will be absolutely no hinder in performance, correct? and I should leave the "sync" box checked or unchecked?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPDrop ascend View Post

So does that mean I can have two different brands of a 2gb gtx 680 (galaxy 2gb gtx 680, evga 2gb gtx 680 for example) and there will be absolutely no hinder in performance, correct? and I should leave the "sync" box checked or unchecked?
No performance issue at all. If you're running the cards at stock there is no need to consider synced or not. That only really come into play when you are trying to get the most out of each card in which case you would have them un synced. Because if you put a +150 on the clocks one card will crash before the other, so you might need +130 on one and +150 on the other. This will only really coming to play at the absolute limit of the cards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts