Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this. Sorry if its in the wrong category, if so admins can feel free to move this post.

Anyways, my question is: does cablemod tell you when your order has shipped?

I ordered some cables a few weeks back and have yet to hear anything about it. I know they can take a while to ship because of the custom nature of the cables. Mostly just wondering if i should check my mail everyday or just wait for a email. Any input is welcomed, thank you.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
I just ordered a custom set today, and after seeing this post I have the same question. I would assume they would notify us, but we all know about assumptions...

·
Registered
176 Posts
hit them up on the cablemodders FB page matt will reply pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Not sure where to post this. Sorry if its in the wrong category, if so admins can feel free to move this post.

Anyways, my question is: does cablemod tell you when your order has shipped?

I ordered some cables a few weeks back and have yet to hear anything about it. I know they can take a while to ship because of the custom nature of the cables. Mostly just wondering if i should check my mail everyday or just wait for a email. Any input is welcomed, thank you.
There a currently Backlog due to Chinese new Years and they trying to catch up. It may take a few weeks for any custom work to ship out. As for an E-mail, Yes they will E-mail once they ship out. You can also check your account to see if they been shipped out. They will be shipped out via DHL. If you have any kind of account linked with DHL you will also get text message/E-mail when package is due to be delivered(Signature will be required).

I just ordered a custom set today, and after seeing this post I have the same question. I would assume they would notify us, but we all know about assumptions...
If you had custom work done(Non-Kits) it will be the same as post above. It might faster if you get cables hand made from a sleeving shop at this point in time due to backlog.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick response. I will just wait patiently then. If it goes past 4 weeks then i will reach out to CableMod. Very appreciated!

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Good to know that they use DHL. I've had nothing but problems with DHL and will not use any company that uses them.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Good to know that they use DHL. I've had nothing but problems with DHL and will not use any company that uses them.
I have had serious (2-4 week) delays on expedited international packages from DHL where they park the item in a warehouse for a month (so much for 3-5 day delivery).

For domestic packages, their partnership with USPS has been a nightmare that adds a minimum of an extra 2-3 days to every freaking package again because they park the package in a warehouse for an indeterminate period of time.

DHL hurts merchants even more than consumers. I can't imagine how many customer complaints about slow shipping are caused by DHL.

One order on aliexpress was brought to a screeching halt in late November when I ordered some WC parts from them. The ALI ToS makes it so that all items delivered outside the correct time window are free if the buyer files a claim. I really felt bad for the seller in our correspondence - even with the language barrier it was clear the gentleman i was speaking to was terrified that several weeks worth of orders were going to come out of his pocket because of the shipping carriers poor performance. I did the only thing a decent human being would do and just asked for a refund for the expediting fee.

I'm not in a Podunk town either - I live in a populated area.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
I live in a megalopolis. DHL has delayed packages and sent them the wrong direction. One from the LA area of CA disappeared for a while, then, after the due date, showed up in Denver, CO before slowly making its way back to the Phoenix, AZ area. DHL has never responded to any emails I sent them trying to find out where late packages were. If a vendor uses only DHL or refuses to not ever use DHL. I won't do business with them.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
I'll make a note about DHL for future purchases, but it's already too late for this one.

I'd be more worried about my order if I had a deadline. I don't, so as long as I get the cables eventually and they aren't damaged I'm good.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Got an Email informing me that my CableMod ModMesh custom cables were finished and will be shipping today. Nine calendar days isn't bad turnaround time.

They are coming from Hong Kong via DHL, so who knows how long they will take to get to me.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Tracked my CableMod package. It says it arrived in Cincinnati this morning, has been cleared by Customs and "Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery".

Estimated delivery is tomorrow by end of day.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
W00t! Received my cables!

Less than enthused about the packaging -- they wrapped them in thin bubble wrap and sent them in a DHL pouch. Will have to inspect them later to see if they survived intact.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Since I plan to purchase from CableMod as well, what should I go for between Nylon and Paracord?

I plan on using a Corsair Air 240 case.

Anyone know the recommended lengths as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts