Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i use a Feser dye with distilled water? i just remember that my res wont be colorful if i dont use a die and i want everything in my loop to have some color. and ill clean my loop out every month.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
I wouldn't, even if you keep the loop cleaned out. Just use food coloring or that inky stuff in Sharpies.

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

I wouldn't, even if you keep the loop cleaned out. Just use food coloring or that inky stuff in Sharpies.

screw that i want UV color

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Then just use UV-reactive tubing and straight distilled, you won't have to worry about it.

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick911
View Post

What Chunky is saying, any of those additive liquids will stain and gunk your blocks

but my res wont be colored

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I see no problem using Feser F1 Fluid. Will give you exactly what you want.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sickened1 View Post
I see no problem using Feser F1 Fluid. Will give you exactly what you want.

yes yes yes sickened

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Then just put regular cold cathodes on it. Trust me, you'll get over the desire once you actually start running it.
how would that make the res colored

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mocha989 View Post
how would that make the res colored
OK, how about making your own res that, itself, is UV-reactive?

Edit; here's another option for the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
It should be fine, but he doesn't want to use that, he wants UV-reactive stuff for some reason. ALL UV-reactive coolant gunks up the loop, no (known) exceptions.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Go ahead and use the Feser if you're so damn stubborn about wanting your res colored.

Be sure to post back in a couple months when your blocks have absorbed the dye into the copper.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quentin View Post
Go ahead and use the Feser if you're so damn stubborn about wanting your res colored.

Be sure to post back in a couple months when your blocks have absorbed the dye into the copper.
Indeed please do OP oh dear please do

I'll definitely need a good LOL with this new all time low of a Christmas that is incoming

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mocha989 View Post
Can i use a Feser dye with distilled water? i just remember that my res wont be colorful if i dont use a die and i want everything in my loop to have some color. and ill clean my loop out every month.
buy colored tubing if you want a color... fesser dye is pigment based, pigment = particulate = the color depositing in your porous metal like your waterblock and radiator...

boil some water, salt and RIT dye... dye your res... done.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Now that I think about it, I wonder if there's any water-based UV-reactive coloring that can be added...

·
Banned
3,062 Posts
Yes you can use any dye you want, just be careful though afterwards as it will stain your tubing.. not permanently but you will have to flush it out and clean it 2 remove the staining.. If your gonna use a dye i honestly would go with Primochill UV coolant (its great, comes with 2 dyes to match the UV bottle, u add how much dye you want to match the colour you want ) if not go with some primochill coloured uv tubing + Distilled water

1 - 18 of 18 Posts