Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

i need 3x120 Fans for my front Rad,
i want them to run REALLY silent when the PC is ideling and they can ramp up as much as they want when im gaming. (would Controll them via. Speedfan)

Im currently using 2 Eloops-PS at my TOP Rad but i cant use them at the Front because they get really noise if something is infront of them.

Would the EK-Vardar F4 be a good choice for that?

-Holdy

·
Registered
809 Posts
Have you considered Gentle Typhoons? I have 4 EK-F4s, but one is making a really loud buzzing noise. When that stops they sound awesome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it normal that they coast 30€?#
if yes which RPM should i take? could i grab the 1800 ones and run them at ~10% and i cant even tell the difference between them and a 3,5" drive?

they shouldnt be loud like my 2,5" ~5 year old HDD at 10%

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post

Have you considered Gentle Typhoons? I have 4 EK-F4s, but one is making a really loud buzzing noise. When that stops they sound awesome.
RMA it. I went from 16x EK Vardar 1850 to 16x Gentle Typhoon 2150 and now I'm going back to EK Vardars but getting the all black 2200 ER version. The GTs have an annoying bearing noise that I just can't stand although I will say when the RPM ramps up, they seem much quieter but still have the annoying bearing noise.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG HOLDY View Post

which case do you use?
redface.gif
Enthoo Primo with two 480s. Ordered the Vardar ERs yesterday from PPCs with rush processing. FedEx page says: "Scheduled delivery: Thu 12/24/2015 by end of day" which I don't believe since I got their cheapass "FedEx Home Delivery" service that was only $15 for a 10 pound package from FL->MA. If it actually arrives today I'll be pretty happy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

Enthoo Primo
would you recommend that case? i currently got a air 540 and its nice but i want more then just a tripple and a double rad

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have the Primo as well. Great case to work in and looks nice. Be mindful it's a behemoth.

I think something may have been in the fan, i jostled it the other day and it has been quiet since.

Do you want pwm or voltage regulated fans?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG HOLDY View Post

would you recommend that case? i currently got a air 540 and its nice but i want more then just a tripple and a double rad
I would recommend it. It's 240 bucks and huge. At the time I believe the only competitor chassis was the Corsair 800 or 900 that was 100 bucks more. Haven't looked into other cases since but, at the time it was either: buy the Primo and save some nice dough or go all out with a case labs.

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

Enthoo Primo with two 480s. Ordered the Vardar ERs yesterday from PPCs with rush processing. FedEx page says: "Scheduled delivery: Thu 12/24/2015 by end of day" which I don't believe since I got their cheapass "FedEx Home Delivery" service that was only $15 for a 10 pound package from FL->MA. If it actually arrives today I'll be pretty happy.
So that's why the EK F4 black vardars are out of stock. i just ordered six of the Ek F4 120's with grey fan.
frown.gif
No biggie thou

I have six corsair sp 120 high performance and when they are mounted horizontally they make a annoying buzzing sound, So im hoping the vardars dont do that.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

So that's why the EK F4 black vardars are out of stock. i just ordered six of the Ek F4 120's with grey fan.
frown.gif
No biggie thou

I have six corsair sp 120 high performance and when they are mounted horizontally they make a annoying buzzing sound, So im hoping the vardars dont do that.
There were 22 when I ordered my 16. I had SP120 quiet edition fans, terrible IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts