Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this block can fit compression fittings for 3/4" (OD) tubing? The spacing between them looks pretty narrow. Or, would it matter if I went with (OD) 5/8" (ID) 3/8" tubing for a CPU loop. Not sure if I will add to the loop anytime soon.

Other parts are Swiftech MCR320 radiator, Danger Den CPX-Pro pump and Danger Den Bay Reservoir Thanks for any advice!

Edit:
I added pics of the Enzotech block with their compression fittings on my last post......check it out!

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Hi.

The fitting configuration looks very similar to the D-Tek Fuzion (V1/V2).

Yes, I think you will be able to use 3/4" OD tubing, but you may need to install the tubing on the block fittings first prior to mounting the block.

I use zip-ties to secure the tubing and I needed to stagger the placement as there was not enough space for the tubing walls and the zip ties.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Syrillian! We wanted to use the compression fittings though, not the barb type. They look to be quite a bit larger, diameter-wise, than plain barb fittings. I guess they call them quick connect fittings? I don't know. We wanted to use those types of fittings throughout. I think it just gives a much cleaner-looking appearance and the added insurance of a better seal.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Hmmm... not sure about the compression fittings. I've never used them, but I think that the diameter may be too large for that confined space.

I have been in similar situations as you (but with standard fittings), my only recourse was to use different attachment methods in the tight spots.

....maybe (and hopefully) you will find a solution that I can mimic.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are always ways around it, I'm sure, it just takes cubic dollars!
I've seen pictures of rigs that used angled fittings to make theirs work, though none were using the Enzotech block. That would be cool but the fittings were a tad expensive. I don't know..... Trying to stay within a budget but still want to put a good combination together.

Anyone else had any experience with this block?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
According to this chart, it appears that even 1/2" OD isn't compatible with that block.

But that doesn't mean you can't use compression fittings on it, just grab a pair of 45° angular fittings and put your compression fittings on them. Something like this.

• Rep+
Reactions: hollywood406

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow.........according to that chart NONE of them fit!!
Does that mean that the enzotech block has special fittings that only theirs are compatible?? Hmmm.........
If worst comes to worst, I could always use the barb fittings and zip-ties, though I do like the angle fittings that you suggested!

edit:

Thanks for the info SimpleTech! +rep to you and Syrillian

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes, the sapphire has special fittings made by Enzotech. I'm a little unsure specifically what is different, but I believe it's that the threaded section of the fitting is shorter than most.. so if you use a regular fitting, you won't be able to screw it in enough for the rubber o-ring to make a seal. Using fittings that are made specifically to have shorter threaded sections should be compatible, and you could probably take a normal fitting and trim the end down yourself if you know how to do that.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkyard00000
View Post

Yes, the sapphire has special fittings made by Enzotech. I'm a little unsure specifically what is different, but I believe it's that the threaded section of the fitting is shorter than most.. so if you use a regular fitting, you won't be able to screw it in enough for the rubber o-ring to make a seal. Using fittings that are made specifically to have shorter threaded sections should be compatible, and you could probably take a normal fitting and trim the end down yourself if you know how to do that.

Thanks for the info, that's what we needed to know. So it's not a special thread, just a special length on the threads? I remember reading something about that from the Enzotech website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT.Wall
View Post

The 3/4 od fits, that is what I currently have on mine, with 1/2 " fitting. Its tight but it works.

Thanks too for the info and especially the picture! That ALWAYS makes it easier. So you didn't use the compression quick-connect style, just the barb fittings? That does look like a real tight fit!

+rep for the info guys! Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Looking at the manual, it says fittings must have a threaded section as short/shorter than 6.5 mm.. this doesn't seem to be less than most fittings though.

Also, I'm not sure about online availability, but I found a few angled fittings they make, incase you are a little concerned about using fittings outside of what Enzo makes. Not sure if they are being sold yet though, or what the availability is like. Performance-PCs has them.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkyard00000
View Post

Looking at the manual, it says fittings must have a threaded section as short/shorter than 6.5 mm.. this doesn't seem to be less than most fittings though.

Also, I'm not sure about online availability, but I found a few angled fittings they make, incase you are a little concerned about using fittings outside of what Enzo makes. Not sure if they are being sold yet though, or what the availability is like. Performance-PCs has them.

Yeah, that's what I read earlier. It made me think that they wanted you to use their connectors/barb fittings. I'll check out the link for the angled ones. I still like the idea of using the compression fittings if possible.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by IT.Wall
View Post

It was a tight fit, but about 5 days later it start a little leak on my video card. So I now have a clamp on it.

You slipped the tubing over the barbs without anything at all?!?!
I was afraid to use zip-ties! Though I have to admit that on some tubing/barb combinations, I couldn't get the tubing off without pliers and a blowtorch! Let alone worrying about a clamp or zip-tie!

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Someone here is using compression fittings on hers. I can't recall which one of our lovely OCN ladies it was, but she does exist. For the record, you have to take off the blue plastic covering or else you won't get a sufficient seal and the block will leak. I'm just using the standard fittings that came with mine.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In case anyone needed to know, the Enzotech 1/2" (id) 5/8" (od) compression fittings work with their block!!

It's close but from the pics there's just enough to thread them into the block. More pics to come when we do the install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts