Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using my Logitech G400 for about 2months now.
What i've noticed is, that i use 125Hz, and when i read about it on google..its better to use 500/1000Hz for gaming, because 125Hz is a little bit jumpy..and it realy is..

Now, i have a question about my sensitivity in a game ( Quake Live ).
Currently i use: 800dpi and 125Hz >>> and my sensitivity is 3.750 and mouse acceleration 0.48

How would i need to change my sens/acceleration, if i still used 800dpi but raised Hz to 500Hz or 1000Hz ?

Thank you, greetz

·
Registered
223 Posts
Changing your Hz only affects input time. At 125 hz, there is 8ms input delay, while at 1000 hz there is 1 ms delay. In most cases, it's best to use 1000 hz for the reduced latency.

So the answer to your question is no, you won't need to change your sensitivity.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i have tested it again, and put it to 500Hz.. and when i was in-game the sensitivity just felt a lot lower, so i had to raise it.. but in the end i couldnt find my own sens like i had before :/ so i switched back to 125Hz..

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hz on the mouse doesn't change sensitivity, only dpi/cpi does. I use an abyssus in Quakelive with a Hz switch on it and it only changes how smooth the mouse movement is.

Do this test: set acceleration to 0 and do a 360(start with crosshair on a health orb or something so you clearly see when you've finished the 360) with both Hz settings and measure how far you have to move the mouse both times. It should be the same distance with acceleration off if you change nothing but Hz.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oww, I've got my Acceleration ON in Logitech gaming software.. so i guess the acceleration makes a problem..
Because its true, when i use 125Hz or 500Hz WITHOUT acceleration it does NOT affect my sensitivity..
But, when i have acceleration ON it lowers it when i switch to 500Hz.. Hmm

I'm so used to acceleration that i cant realy play without it.. but why doesnt the acceleration stay @500Hz ??

Thanks everyone for trying to help, ur realy nice !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, i have made some actual test of 360° mouse in-game:
Besides Quake Live i play Counter Strike too, so here are the results:

Quake Live:
800dpi @125Hz MouseAcceleration ON = 13cm / 360° Current settings
800dpi @500Hz MouseAcceleration ON = 13cm / 360°
800dpi @125Hz MouseAcceleration OFF = 13cm / 360°
800dpi @500Hz MouseAcceleration OFF = 13cm / 360° Would like to use

Counter Strike:
800dpi @125Hz MouseAcceleration ON = 30cm / 360° Current settings
800dpi @500Hz MouseAcceleration ON = 46cm / 360°
800dpi @125Hz MouseAcceleration OFF = 32cm / 360°
800dpi @500Hz MouseAcceleration OFF = 32cm / 360° Would like to use

I was a little surprised that it realy did not effect Quake Live sens in-game, but it sure does effect Counter Strike sens..

And when i put it to 500Hz with MouseAcceleration OFF and put it at 30cm / 360°,
its not same feeling as it is at 125Hz with MouseAcceleration ON 30cm / 360°..

I'm so confused.. using 125hz with MA On again.. hh =S =S

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Quake live defaults with /in_mouse 2. Input (raw) is read directly from mouse instead of windows and or the acceleration curve known as enhance pointer precision. (Which happend to be enabled in your logitech software tray/windows settings)

Counterstrike defaults with wm_input (windows) though triggers the curve regardless of you disabling it. (unless changed in recent update). Hence the rather popular use of "noforce" commands and or "mouse fixes".

CS is currently being updated. There may be native raw input in the near future, but dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that this problem i have is based on my "Enhance pointer precision" that i have enabled..
Because, when i put it to 500Hz, it seems like Enhance PP is put OFF, and when its 125Hz its ON.. dont realy know.. maybe i just dont like "too smooth" mouse..
Will just use 125Hz and Enhance PP ON.. dont realy know if i would realy benefit much by putting it to 500Hz..

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentz View Post

Changing your Hz only affects input time. At 125 hz, there is 8ms input delay, while at 1000 hz there is 1 ms delay. In most cases, it's best to use 1000 hz for the reduced latency.
Honestly, it changes nothing and it eats the CPU. 500 Hz is more than anyone could need already.

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/1000-hz-souris-officieusement-deconseilles-fabricant-n12051.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDry115 View Post

I think that this problem i have is based on my "Enhance pointer precision" that i have enabled..
It's mouse acceleration, disable it. They call it "Enhance precision" but it does the contrary in fact...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like to disable it so much, and start playing without it.. but when i do that, there is NO WAY i can ever find gaming (sensitivity) same as before
frown.gif
if there would atleast be some kinda formula, that i would use to put that extra accel in-game and still use 500Hz.. man im complicated hh

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Correction. Seems Valve went with the idea.

Type "m_rawinput 1" in your CS console. Should disable any and all acceleration.

PS: Stop over thinking it and just play with 1000hz. You can thank me later.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
nothing good can ever come of mouse accel in fps you will play better with out it since you gain muscle memory and the reason your mouse feel slower on higher Hz is because it becoming more responsive since it responding with your cpu at 1ms or 2ms.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller0015 View Post

nothing good can ever come of mouse accel in fps you will play better with out it since you gain muscle memory and the reason your mouse feel slower on higher Hz is because it becoming more responsive since it responding with your cpu at 1ms or 2ms.
I disagree on mouse accel, in Quake Live for example many of the best players use mouse accel, it gives you a mixture of the precision with low sensitivity and turning speed of high sensitivity. Some people play better without accel, others play better with. It takes time getting used to and tweaking the acceleration perfectly but once you get used to it you can perform really well with it.

I think mouse accel is most useful in fast paced games where your movement suffers with too low sens and your aim suffers with too high sens.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginyan View Post

I disagree on mouse accel, in Quake Live for example many of the best players use mouse accel, it gives you a mixture of the precision with low sensitivity and turning speed of high sensitivity. Some people play better without accel, others play better with. It takes time getting used to and tweaking the acceleration perfectly but once you get used to it you can perform really well with it.

I think mouse accel is most useful in fast paced games where your movement suffers with too low sens and your aim suffers with too high sens.
Yeah, but that only works with Quakelive as that game has awesomely customizable settings. You can define thresholds for the accel to kick in, how strong it is etc. Normal windows accel is a different thing. Theoretically you can tweak that too, but only via reg edits.

And getting used to no acceleration is easier than getting used to acceleration. So I'd stick with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.