Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, and thanks for stopping.

I just picked up a Logitech G502 Hero yesterday, installed the software, and I have a question. I have 'Desktop Notifications' enabled for when I change my DPI. Upon boot it will notify me of the DPI like it should. Today when I booted up the machine, the notification will pop up as usual but I am now getting a 'device connected' windows sound notification, also. What is the normal? I'm assuming no sound notification. I'm asking cause I'm suspecting something might be breaking somewhere else.

Thanks for your time

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,171 Posts
no, not normal. doesn't necessarily mean there's an issue with the mouse though. does it still work before you hear the noise?

I went through a few G502s that failed for various reasons but one had a vaguely similar issue but it would happen randomly would stop working and then come back a couple seconds later with the Windows noise.

If the mouse still works before you get that sound I'd imagine it's just Windows being Windows though.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon boot the DPI might be at default, then when the windows notification sound happens the DPI value is set to my customization. Sounds like the driver is loading, maybe?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
613 Posts
I went through a few G502s that failed for various reasons but one had a vaguely similar issue but it would happen randomly would stop working and then come back a couple seconds later with the Windows noise.
That's the well known cable issue on Logitechs. Easily fixed if you open the mouse, I've done it many times in the past.

Upon boot the DPI might be at default, then when the windows notification sound happens the DPI value is set to my customization. Sounds like the driver is loading, maybe?
I'd say it's the driver loading, but I suggest checking that the mouse works just before that sound appears. If the mouse works fine before that windows connection sound, then it's loading the driver.
If the mouse doesn't work before that windows connection sound, then it's probably the Logitech cable issue. Though if it is the cable issue it should not only be at startup but also happen randomly during normal use later.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say it's the driver loading, but I suggest checking that the mouse works just before that sound appears. If the mouse works fine before that windows connection sound, then it's loading the driver.
If the mouse doesn't work before that windows connection sound, then it's probably the Logitech cable issue. Though if it is the cable issue it should not only be at startup but also happen randomly during normal use later.

The mouse does work before the 'device connected' windows sound notification. I can move the cursor around, then when the driver loads, it loads the custom DPI I set vs the default.

It's odd, sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts