Overclock.net banner

Question about .mps and flac

247 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Eek
Just a question about these file formats.. I get all my songs from Amazon.. which they sell in 256kb .mp3 format. How would these compared to flac?

I just got my hands on some Swan M200MKII on mopads. Would i be able to notice the sound difference from these formats?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
.flac files files have a ridiculous bitrate compared to .mp3. You will only notice a difference if your sound card and speakers are good enough to pick up and reproduce the extra sound quality.
Personally, my untrained ears can't pick up any noticeable difference past 192 kbps MP3's.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
my ears are ridiculously sensitive and i am able to distinguish the difference but mainly only because i was stupid enough to buy top notch equipment. you buy top notch equipment, and it really exposes the flaws of lossy codecs.
  • Rep+
In terms of bitrates they sound disgusting compared to flac, but most people can't tell the difference because of their sound card or speakers.
  • Rep+
Ahh, so for me with mediocore equipment... i won't hear the differnce xD. +rep for all
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.