Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
yes you can run the fsb at 220, it will just be running your ram at 440mhz instead of stock 400, you can keep raising the fsb, and you might need to "loosin" the ram timings to go further, and it will keep speeding up you ram

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
lol i just noticed, u have just about the same MOBO as me... i have an IS7-V2 u have the IS7-E2... its nice to find people with the same hardware as you...

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

lol i just noticed, u have just about the same MOBO as me... i have an IS7-V2 u have the IS7-E2... its nice to find people with the same hardware as you...

haha i know the feeling, yea i love my mobo ive built 4 computers using it its just so easy and never gives me problems, oh and is this a good mobo for overclocking? i havnt gotten any problems yet

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberDucky

oh and is this a good mobo for overclocking? i havnt gotten any problems yet

ya so far it works great for me OCing... i had no clue about OCing a month ago... or when i bought all my pc parts 3 yrs ago...and it just turns out i got lucky and have OCed pretty well for a first timer, so i would say this is a pretty good board for OCing... i like it

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

Is this you hardware or you building another one?

Thts my mobo but the ram im getting for my sisters computer tht im gonna swap with my 3200 ram

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
that ram will be OK for OCing because its ddr500... so you have 100mhz of head room before your actually using all the banwidth... tighter timings will help more, but for ddr500,tight timings are EXPENSIVE!!!... OCZ and G.Skill have good ddr500 ram for around $190-220

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
lol, oh.... well ive heard of patriot, but i personally dont know much about them... it seems to be pretty good, but if you want to be totally sure of quality, i would suggest going with a more well known name...

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

lol, oh.... well ive heard of patriot, but i personally dont know much about them... it seems to be pretty good, but if you want to be totally sure of quality, i would suggest going with a more well known name...

ha yea i know i was gonna go with ocz but the 170$ ram.. my mom would get suspicious

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

suspicious of what??? tight timings??? LOL

LOL nono im building a computer for my sister so my mom dosnt want to spend alot and is she looks at my ram at 170$ she'll be like why are you giving here that good ram

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
oh... well if your sis isnt OCing then why not just give her some value pc3200... i know that tigerdirect sells some Ultra pc3200 1gb for like $90... or the ram you have linked above is more than sufficent...

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

oh... well if your sis isnt OCing then why not just give her some value pc3200... i know that tigerdirect sells some Ultra pc3200 1gb for like $90... or the ram you have linked above is more than sufficent...

nonono lol your missing the whole point, I have 1 gig of 3200 ram in my computer at the moment which i am going to switch with the ram(from the link) tht is supposly going into my sis computer.... my sister ocing hahah she has broken 3 computers already and alls she dose is use aim

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
lol OH..... my bad, ya i get what your sayin... go for the ram u linked. and good luck with the OC...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.