Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing a new Hitatchi Deskstar 80Gb SATA drive. My question is why does the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon appear in my tray and allow me to remove that drive? Everything is working good but is there a way that I can make this go away? What if I remove it, what will happen? Any help would be great!!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashovride02

I just got done installing a new Hitatchi Deskstar 80Gb SATA drive. My question is why does the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon appear in my tray and allow me to remove that drive? Everything is working good but is there a way that I can make this go away? What if I remove it, what will happen? Any help would be great!!

Yeah, it happens to everyone with Sata drives. You can't get rid of it, but you can hide the inactive icons which makes it disappear in the toolbar.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashovride02

Sata drives are hot swappable and is the reasoning that you have that icon on your toolbar. You can plug/unplug it while the system is running, unlike IDE drives.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is good to know!! I was just worried that I did something wrong. Thanks for the info everyone. As always, a big help!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Sata drives are hot swappable and is the reasoning that you have that icon on your toolbar. You can plug/unplug it while the system is running, unlike IDE drives.

Will it restart if the Main HDD(OS) "safely removed"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts