Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
setfbs just recenty added support to my motherboard. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...#c00196251_doc

I started to overclock the cpu but when i get it past 3.26, it just freezes my computer. I checked my temperature and its only 63c. What would I have to do to be able to overclock it more? I saw something about changing the voltage, would i have to do that or is it something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It is likely your RAM. Can you change the dividers on your RAM so slow it down so it isn't holding back your CPU?

EDIT: Never mind, you will have to go music to the BIOS to do that. It's a HP motherboard, so it probably won't let you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ok so no other way to get it oc higher? Well thxs for the info i guess 200 mhz is better then nothing lol

Also a strange this was when i used 3dmark to test the cpu it seems like when i overclocked it the cpu score went down from 13000 to like 11000 maybe something with my powersupply ? only have a 300 watt

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Power supply has nothing to do with your 3D Mark score. IF your power supply could not put out enough power, your computer would just all of a sudden turn off.

More processes running in the background will reduce your score (I.E. having Facebook or Windows Media Player open)

200 Mhz is good for a ancient crappy HP. Did that desktop originally come with a Pentium 4 in it? o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts