Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a lot of searching lately and had a question.

I am doing the push/pull setup and wanted to know how many shrouds should be used and where exactly to achieve the best effectiveness of the shrouds.

I watched a video on the installation of an H50 and the person used the shroud just on one side of the fan where the fan acts as an intake. So basically the video showed the setup like this :

Shroud > fan > Rad

My setup will be push/pull intake design so should it be like this? I know the best cooling method is to take the coolest air (which would be from the outside of the case, right?) but since this is a two fan setup, I wasnt sure if this still applied.

Intake: Shroud > fan > shroud > rad > shroud > fan

Exhaust: Shroud < fan < shroud < rad < shroud < fan

Is this too many shrouds? And also would someone be kind enough to show me where they sell the best quality shrouds please? (most popular I guess :) ) Thank you very much!

I think I may have found both my answers right here: http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...pdated-16.html

But if there is any other advice, I am all ears.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Your best setup theoretically would be fan>shroud>rad>shroud>fan

However, I tested this once and got the best temps on my xiggy s1283 (long time ago) with fan>shroud>cooler>fan. It cooled even better than having two shrouds. I don't know if anybody else has tested this on a rad, but that was my experience. I suggest trying it both ways and seeing what gives you the best temps.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+rep

Thanks, looks like I will have some experimenting to do.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Sometimes the 25mm fans actually lose cooling ability with a shroud, while the 38mm gain cooling ability.

As the guy said, test them yourself and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts