Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This manufacturer any good? seems they are new on the scene, not sure if i would want one of their cards until I hear what people have to say about them.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Good price performance.
The 4890 atomic version is one of the best 4890 you can get atm.

• Rep+
Reactions: FireRescue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inktfish
View Post

Good price performance.
The 4890 atomic version is one of the best 4890 you can get atm.

Sweet, thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sapphire have been making ATI cards for atleast (if not more) 8 years, nothing to worry about, they are well liked and trusted.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Sapphire cards seem to be the most purchased now when it comes to ATI. While this doesn't necessarily mean they are the best cards, it generally does give a good idea of the overall quality of their products.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall325
View Post

they are like the EVGA of Nvidia minus the life time warranty

Also minus all the utilities from EVGA (SLI patch, voltage tuner, Precision). Still, Sapphire is a respectable company. My Sapphire 4830 was solid (though the vrm cooler and ramsinks could have been better). Performance was fantastic

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Yes generally excellent. I have had to RMA two of their cards and they honor the warranty quickly. Excellent customer service.

·
Let's go Sharks!
565 Posts
I've read only good things about Sapphire, and thats why I chose one for my rig.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashnburn_819
View Post

Also minus all the utilities from EVGA (SLI patch, voltage tuner, Precision). Still, Sapphire is a respectable company. My Sapphire 4830 was solid (though the vrm cooler and ramsinks could have been better). Performance was fantastic

they actually used to bundle their own trixx software with some of the xXXX series cards

But that aside, I've owned pretty much sapphire cards exclusively, never had so much as a DOA! I fully recommend them!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
lol Sapphire has been around for years. They're the largest supplier of ATI cards in the world. And yes they make very good cards. Both stock and aftermarket stuff (vapor-x)

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRescue
View Post

This manufacturer any good? seems they are new on the scene, not sure if i would want one of their cards until I hear what people have to say about them.

lol, Sapphire isn't "new" on the scene. You're just new to them.

Yes, they are one of the top ATi suppliers.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inktfish
View Post

Good price performance.
The 4890 atomic version is the best 4890 you can get atm.

Fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall325
View Post

they are like the EVGA of Nvidia minus the life time warranty

As I recall, EVGA has 2 year warranty now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts