Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm setting up a loop and was wondering which setting would be better overall (better thermal performance) considering the whole loop.

The loop consists of:

Res > D5 on an EK custom top (Rev.2) > gpu 2 > gpu 1 > 120rad > cpu > 360 rad > back to res

The pump will be at the lowest spot of the loop and the blocks are EK's HF Supreme nickel EN and Bitspower's MSI 580 Lightning block.

Rads are one EK 120 XT and a 360 XTX.

Highest point of the loop will be the 360 rad followed close by the Res.

I think both blocks and the rads are medium to low restriction and I will be using 3/8" ID tubing, very few 45 degree fittings and no 90 degree knees.

The questions is:

Considering the pump and the restriction of the components will I have better thermal performance with serial or parallel connection of the GPUs blocks?

From what I could gather reading around the web, I think parallel should give better temps on both and serial will probably make the second a bit toasty but will have better flow. Is that correct? And if so, which way would be better for this particular loop?

Also, feel free to suggest alternative loop components position, since this is not yet assembled and can be redesigned.
thumb.gif

So?
confused.gif

·
Registered
698 Posts
The pump has plenty of power. the loop you have is great and I suggest using parallel. serial will not matter with flow rate. you have good pressure head

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceColdBrewski View Post

The pump has plenty of power. the loop you have is great and I suggest using parallel. serial will not matter with flow rate. you have good pressure head
Thanks, man!
smile.gif

What about the loop order/setup?

Would you suggest any changes?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I actually like that. It's exactly what I'm doing on my project in my sig. Just have alot of flow to the pump at the lowest point! I don't think that changing anything with loop order would be beneficial. would hurt though haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts