Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've applied them to the memory. I'm curious if they take an hour, 4 hours or a day to cure or if they don't harden at all? I've purchased some paste in case they don't stick well. I've had them attached about 30 minutes so far with pressure/weight applied but they don't seem any more set than when initially applied.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,854 Posts
Heatsinks?
tongue.gif

Thermal paste and thermal adhesive are different. Thermal tape that comes with some of the RAM heatsinks are pretty terrible (if it even has them) so I keep a tube of thermal adhesive handy, think it's under $10 on Amazon.

When I was doing my first WC loop the "DIY" thing was to put a dab of super glue into thermal paste and use pennies as RAM heatsinks... so there's that
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give it another couple of hours and if they don't seem to have formed any bond by then, I'll clean them off and apply the arctic adhesive/binary compound I purchased.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for anyone who is in the same situation - the tape seems to take several hours to cure and I would recommend putting weight on them during that time. The artic thermal epoxy sets VERY quickly and seems very strong. If I were to do it again, I'd probably clean the adhesive off the ones that come with it and just use arctic epoxy so I could speed up the process significantly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts