Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into grabbing a NAOS 3200, in part because I absolutely love my Ikari Opticals. Looking around, I've seen that the naos uses a 3080, versus the 3060 in the ikari (which is a push for me, since I've had no tracking or LOD issues with my Ikari). The Naos looks like it's probably built a little bit more sturdy, and it seems to also be much more readily available unless I want to grab an Ikari off ebay (one should be here today, but I'm concerned because it was listed as refurbished, and was selling for less than half of retail)

The kicker for me though would be knowing if the Naos is an identical shape with the Ikari optical/laser mice, or if it shares the higher hump of the Naos 5k and the QPAD 5k. I owned a QPAD 5k, and while the mouse was great it sits higher than the ikari does - I like the feel of the ikari much better.

Anyone know if the naos 3200 has that smaller hump? or, is it shaped like the 5k in that regard?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's all I really needed to know. It was quite the difference in my hand - The Ikari optical is the only mouse I've ever forgotten I was holding, haha. The 5k etc. are still very comfy but I know they are there.

Looks like I'm buying 10 Ikaris from this seller on ebay if the one I already ordered is in good shape when it gets here today.

·
Registered
241 Posts
See pics. The Ikari and the Naos are very similar in shape. Love this shape mouse, fits me like a glove. I like the Naos a little better, as there is a little more room between the thumb rest/ledge and the thumb buttons, so it's less likely to accidentally hit a button during hectic movements, especially lifting the mouse. Overall, the quality of the Naos seems a little higher than the Ikari as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast;14201948
Looking around, I've seen that the naos uses a 3080, versus the 3060 in the ikari (which is a push for me, since I've had no tracking or LOD issues with my Ikari).
Seems you have looked at the wrong places because the Naos 3200 actually also uses the A3060.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently so. I think my brain left me today. @[email protected] I could have sworn I saw the 3080 listed in the chart, but my eyes have deceived me.

So basically then, it's the same mouse, just a slightly different shape and the Naos has no 400, but has a 3200 dpi step.

Maybe I'll just pick one up and try it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts