Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So theres a couple questions after i recieved my (2x) Vapor Tri-X graphics cards

1. The backplate, can i get one for it? is it the same as the other sapphire 280x cards?

.....1a. Would it affect cooling? I have them in crossfire, so heat dissipation out the sides or back would be sweet

2. I gave my gf my Dual-X for christmas... so down the road (after a couple years..) i might want to change to water cooling my 280x's just for kicks, can i throw my vapor Tri-X cooler on hers?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Look around you can get a back plate, it does not improve cooling though, it makes GPU look just a bit better and that's all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i can find a backplate for the Dual-x, What im asking is are the dual x's and tri-x the same thing just different coolers

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporXKilla View Post

Yeah i can find a backplate for the Dual-x, What im asking is are the dual x's and tri-x the same thing just different coolers
Not at all, other than they're both GPUs.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that was exactly what i was asking about 21cage12 I couldnt tell a physical difference i just thought the coolers were different. Would you or anyone know where to get the tri-x backplate?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporXKilla View Post

Thanks that was exactly what i was asking about 21cage12 I couldnt tell a physical difference i just thought the coolers were different. Would you or anyone know where to get the tri-x backplate?
Here-> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tri+x+280x+backplate&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=280x+backplate&_sacat=0 contact those sellers and find out if it will fix your card; as they hasn't specified that in their description, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts