Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an asus p4p800-e deluxe motherboard, intel 2.8c processor and some 3200 corsair valueselect memmory. (not the best overclocking memmory from what I heard) From my understanding this memmory is rated at 200mhz. I don't have heat spreaders right, so im not really wanting to overclock the memmory but im wanting to get the processor up to about 3.36ghz which i can do using ai overclocking(20%)but, this seems to overclock my memmory a little to much to my lacking because of the fsb being so high 1040(mihgt have been 960 can't really remember) I believe it was. So I set a devider of 320, but now my memmory is no longer recongized as 3200 but 3100(which i don't believe there is such a thing)because its slowing it down to much and is running at 176mhz. Basicly I was wondering how i can get the ram to be recongized as 3200 without overclocking it all crazy i was wanting to keep it at the default, just overclock the processor (using the fsb deal) btw I got the biso update that unclocks the cpu multiplier so if theres another way to over clock let me know but I been ocing by slowly raising the fsb. Hope you guys know what im talking about sorry im a newbee. Oh and btw what umm settings should I use for the corsair value select 3200 ram and that spd setting is enable in the bios.
Coop5796

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have good airflow on the processor a zalman 7000a idling righ tnow at 26c have 7 case fans and its a gamming case. Just wasn't sure what i should do about the memmory. Or if ai overclocking is even worth it. I lock my fsb at 33/66 for the vid card and pci componants. Just didn't know anything about the memmory I was afriad I might kill my ram. Could you give me some details I would try that memmory 86 thing but my floppy drive died. How should i go about clocking the ram?
coop5796

·
Registered
840 Posts
Don't worry about clocking the ram. I got some Kingston value RAM and they OC pretty well without heatspreaders, just get a good air flow (which apparently you have) and then OC like no tomorrow

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K any clue what i should do bout ram ratios? Everyone says to do a 1:1 ratio with the cpu but how the heck do you do this? and would it be safe for just the value ram?

·
Registered
840 Posts
1:1 ratios are for example 400Mhz for PC3200 ram, 433Mhz for 466Mhz RAM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and these are safe? Also if i clock my processor to 3.5ghz it gets the ram at that 200mhz frequency so its recongized as pc3200 but i just am a little paranoid of that 1000fsb(250 x 4(you know how intel is) and is stress testing safe using prime 95, alot of people tell me this is. I just am trying to get some opinions being a newbee. Thanks man So your safe on the ram till your getting unstable right?
Coop5796

1 - 7 of 7 Posts