Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the mini P180 owners. I'm really thinking of RMA'ing my SG04 and getting the Mini P180 as I had a regular P180 years ago and it was kick ass, but I just got tired of large cases for awhile. This SG04 is nice, but it vibrates alot, mostly due to the HDD and it goes right into my desk which is annoying. The mini P180 is pretty much perfect for my needs but I'm pretty bummed out you can't have the HDD cages AND the 120mm fans in front to help cool HDD's. With the big 200mm fan on top, how well do your guys HDD stay cool without any active fans?

I'd have to take out the lower HDD cage because i've got a huge GTX 260, so the HDD would have to go into the upper HDD bay and i'm wonder how cool will a single large SATA 7200 RPM drive will run is my biggest concern about this case.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
I kept 2x 7200rpm HDDs in the upper bay and they ran well within operating temps (mid-upper 30s).
It will also depend on the ambient temperature too, but unless your room is one big EZ-Bake Oven you'll be fine

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I have my single 7200 rpm hdd in there and its really cool. I had a P180B before with the HDD in the lower bay and it was cookin at 42C. In my mini P180 my HD stays nice and cool at 36-38C even under lots of gaming and loading and such.

Dont worry about it, itll be fine if you use the 200mm fan and have decent cooling otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.