Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i hack the schools server to keep my self from being explled (after a few hacking attempts last year.) but they have me testing their servers. sofar i have found
  • School needs a better security system (currently the teachers ID ie 54639)
  • Relying on one person to manage 2 infrustructures, 1000+ computers,
  • too many different types of computers (wyse, dell, omnitech)
  • Weak user and passwords for local accounts (nexus)
  • online grade system (PASS system, parents can see grades and attendence, uh oh i guess i have to start going to class
    )
  • same passwords for login, schoolmaster, webmail, and to the staff intranet.
  • Uses office 2000, with windows 2000 pro os. the wyse thin clients use windows xp embedded (can someone PLEASE tell me what the difference is between xp pro and embedded) and use remote desktop connection with win server 03 enterprise
  • three servers for the two campuses (one per campus, and one webserver)
  • ISA servers (their a *****!)
  • one person manages everyone's internet access/network storage drive
  • ability to run exe's, keyloggers, tunnels, and annonimus proxy's
  • Able to get past all locks on websites (ie myspace, ebay, others)
  • Can not lock workstations so students can use their computer)
  • one 4mb cable connection for 1400 computers 1mb connections between campuses
  • 300 printers (HP Laserjet 2200DN's and dell laser ones, not sure about model)
  • can log into the server with an outside rig (laptop) mask your MAC and ip address and have full access, teachers files, webserver, printers, students accounts, and change passwords, grades, and steal tests.
  • the server is down for days at a time (last month we had no internet for almost a month!)
Oviously ive been doing my homework. you think that is alot of flaws/bugs?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
wow - and i thought my college was unsecure!

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I wish my school was that unsecure... Unfortunately a college based primarily on computer technology (DeVry) has some pretty smart computer nerds.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
your school has office, right?
use vb for apps!
you can use it exactly the same as normal VB - im not going to disclose anything here, but its easy to do and its suprising how unsecure your college is!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
i dont see what alot of colleges\\schools\\universitys are going WAY overboard on security. Theres no point. My college has wifi - its encrypted. Whats the point when i could just sit next to an rj45 terminal and connect

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my school has protected wifi too, same with masking addresses. i can access grades. if i was smart i can change peoples grades for money. like last year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts