Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i would like to say hi this is my first post

Im wondering first of all what the differences are and which card should i buy. I prefer ATI just because.... Recently ive perused the ATI website and they have a ton of new cards out.

Ive searched on the internet but cannot find out a comparison chart or what with just the ati cards on it.

Anyway im looking to spend around 200 - 300 dollars on it. I have 3.00 P4 Intel. Also about 1 gig in ram. Has to be AGP though as i dont have a pci-e slot yet.

Also whats the difference between x850 pro and the x850 besides the price....

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Research is your friend, ask google, ask friends and read reviews of the cards. You dont want to spend 250 on something you thought was different than what it turned out to be.

http://techreport.com/etc/comparo/graphics/

This is a start, and it has nVidia on there as well. There are lots of good nvidia cards out there as well, but its a personal choice.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The difference between the x850 pro and x850xt is the pro has 12 pixel pipelines and is clocked lower. The x850xt will offer better performance and depending on the price is a better buy. The performance difference isn't massive but if the x850xt is only about 30 more get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts