Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this processor the "crazy overclocker" or can I at least drain some good juice from it? It has 1024 Bytes, 1MB doh...from L2 Cache as well. I'd like to know so I could get on to pressing the juice this beast has or laying down a bit. Thanks in advance you all.

The picture of CPU-Z: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Morod/P4.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Hey there... Yes, the 2.4A is a great OCer, and you have a decent stepping, the E0. The newest stepping and probably the best.. With your setup, I wouldn't expect too much of an OC due to your motherboards chipset (848P Breeds Hill).. uh, so around 3.0GHz-3.2GHz is what to expect. If you get a new board, probably around 3.6+

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd recommend the ASUS p4p800-e deluxe...or anyone of that variety (doesn't need to be deluxe), but go with something Northwood native. Keep your chip cool (maybe upgrade your fan, the BT stock one is good, but there are better).

Northwoods are OC'ing gods, so don't be afraid of this chip!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomasro

I'd recommend the ASUS p4p800-e deluxe...or anyone of that variety (doesn't need to be deluxe), but go with something Northwood native. Keep your chip cool (maybe upgrade your fan, the BT stock one is good, but there are better).

Northwoods are OC'ing gods, so don't be afraid of this chip!

err. he has a prescott (2.4AE), If something, he should get a canterwood chipset over a springdale chippy.. But the Asus P4P line is a great series and should make a nice home for that processor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts