Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering whether its worth it these days to wc the gpu i mean if u are anything like me, i change my graphics card about once every year...
and if i wc that it means a new block every year...
Is it worth the extra $$ to last a year or should people dont bother ??
Let the debate begin

·
Banned
930 Posts
for one, you can always sell the block too, so it's not a total loss.

two, you can buy a universal block, like the Swiftech MCW-60 or D-Tek Fuzion GFX, coupled with universal or card specific ram/vreg heat sinks. that way you can just upgrade the card and slap on the same WC block.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Are temp's limiting your GPU OC now? If your not having any kind of temp issues and your happy with the OC I'd just use a HSF. If your really pushing a OC and and volt modding and all that you may want to WC it if the HSF isn't enough.

But a core only GPU block is universal and can be moved from card to card, they generally perform as well as a full coverage block anyway.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
well i watercool my cards for the sake of noise and temps, i hate seeing my gpu at 80c even though i know it can take it

and yeah ive only ever had a core only block (dtek gfx 2)

·
Banned
930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehighlander123 View Post
well i watercool my cards for the sake of noise and temps, i hate seeing my gpu at 80c even though i know it can take it
same. i'm not deaf (yet) and i don't want my PC to lead to it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry this is a bit off topic but what about prepackaged wc graphic solution ike BFG's 295? Any good? or are u better off mounting blocks urself?
It's just that i havent done one before and it looks dangerous with all the prying and heating up the TIMs.. :S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.