1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've ordered this arctic liquid freezer ii 360

I have some questions about it

I saw all is plugged with one fan but will it be possible to plig the 3x120 on my corsair commander to control it while having the pump speed controlled in bios?

I have some ll120 fans in my case right now. If I use those instead of the arctic one (p12), would the performances be really worse?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G973F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
I haven't tested them firsthand, but the few results that are published, as well as user experiences here, certainly point to the P12 being a much better fan than the Corsair LL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi i have realized that when i use asus ai suite I can control the pump speed of my liquid freezer ii 360. Is it safe to do so?

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
LLs are mediocre pc case fans and bad radiator fans. Fans coming with LF II can be linked and controlled anywhere, pump is controllable and is designed to operate in variable RPM. It is safe to change its speed but only when plugging it to a 12V variable PWM source. I also despitse any ASUS software for being a pile of heavy junk. Leave it in motherboards hands.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi i have realized that when i use asus ai suite I can control the pump speed of my liquid freezer ii 360. Is it safe to do so?

No you can't really not just change the pump speed in the stock configuration

Theres one cable that goes in the cpu fan header, that's alle you need, pump,vrm fan and the 120mm fans you all adjust with the samme setting an only one setting, as fare as i know cable goes from the fans down to the pump and the only cable you plug in to the cpu fan header

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No you can't really not just change the pump speed in the stock configuration

Theres one cable that goes in the cpu fan header, that's alle you need, pump,vrm fan and the 120mm fans you all adjust with the samme setting an only one setting, as fare as i know cable goes from the fans down to the pump and the only cable you plug in to the cpu fan header
I plugged the fans to another header because i wanted to control them independently

The pump is plugged to a pump header now and I realized it was very loud because this header is 100% by default. When i changed the fan curve It was more silent. That's why I asked :)

If I plug everything all together will I still be able to control the fan speed?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose it's the vrm fan actually that is variating and not the pump speed but I wanted to know if its OK to leave it as it is.

If I plug it all on one header would I still be able to control the fan speed? Also will the vrm fan varies it speed as well?

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
If you plug everything into one header everything will be ran by the same PWM % given by motherboard, which you can adjust freely (to a degree). If you plug pump and fans separately you will be able to control separately fans and pump + vrm fan.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally put tje pump abd vrm on aio pump which runs 100% and fans on cpu fan header. The level of noise is fine i guess its all ok :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I tried to make a curve for more silent vrm fans seems to work!

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Just remember the vrm fan uses the same PWM signal as the pump so by decreasing vrm fan RPM you also slower down the pump.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i know but the vrm fan is efficient but loud.. I put a curve that ramps up quickly when temps hits 45c, on desktop temps are fine

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tiny fan does a good job, i set up the fan curve like this and it seems all good :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the AIO fans on the CPu header, case fan on chassis 2 and 3
The pump is on Hamp fan is that ok?
ll works fine like this but I don't understand why i could not lower the speed below 60%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts