Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my asrock z77e itx dead twice, first time was after 6 months, and second time was after 2 weeks out of RMA. I got mad so I ordered a new motherboard. I got an MSI Z77IA E53, its great, it really is.

BUT the asrock is the first board I overclocked on, and needless to say the bios are completely different.

Just tooling around in the MSI bios I have found that it might not have an offset voltage feature which the asrock had. SO if I wanted to overclock I would have to run 1.2v through it 24/7, how bad is that? I have been told by someone before that is is horrible and will degrade my chip really fast. Is there anything I can do about that.

Is there any other way to overclock and keep idle voltage low?

And I would like a link to a guide on how to overclock on an MSI Z77 board, because as I said, I am not familiar with their bios as it is more UEFI than the asrocks bios was.

Thanks
thumb.gif

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Dude 1.2v is fine. People run 1.5v through their chips.

Your chip will degrade no matter what, the voltage changes what rate. 1.2v isn't something you need to concern yourself with at all

·
Registered
MSI
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Dude 1.2v is fine. People run 1.5v through their chips.

Your chip will degrade no matter what, the voltage changes what rate. 1.2v isn't something you need to concern yourself with at all
True
thumb.gif
from the moment we raise the clock and add voltages then it will be degrade more fast than normal usage, like if normal life is 5 years then with OC probably 3.5 or 4 years
biggrin.gif
yet it still long way to go before you realize it.

@HPE1000, did you disabled EIST?? have you tried to Enabled Intel C-state?

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoroy View Post

True
thumb.gif
from the moment we raise the clock and add voltages then it will be degrade more fast than normal usage, like if normal life is 5 years then with OC probably 3.5 or 4 years
biggrin.gif
yet it still long way to go before you realize it.

@HPE1000, did you disabled EIST?? have you tried to Enabled Intel C-state?
I have eist and all the cstates enabled, isnt that how it's supposed to be? And I have energy saver in the bios which is also supposed to help. I got down to realizing that when you manually set your voltage it will not downclock the cpu or vcore.

·
Registered
MSI
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

I have eist and all the cstates enabled, isnt that how it's supposed to be? And I have energy saver in the bios which is also supposed to help. I got down to realizing that when you manually set your voltage it will not downclock the cpu or vcore.
Look at default setting first, you may find C1E automatically set to Disabled and Intel C-state set to Enabled. EIST also Enabled.
So leave C1E to Disabled also OK I think
smile.gif
I use C1E Enabled & Intel C-state Disabled or C1E Disabled & Intel C-state Enabled.
Yup the moment we set Vcore manually then it won't be decrease while idle. But no worry the power package will be get lowered too, you can see idle it's only consump 10watt or 15watt and not 95watt or 77watt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.