Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my E8500 is at 3.87GHz I got it there just by using EasyTune6. My questions are, is it a bad idea to let is set everything to auto? is it better if I just go into my bios and set everything manually?

I ask because of how the core voltage fluctuates don't think I have seen it go above 1.312V, which I know isn't going to hurt my processor, but I thought it would stay constant.

These were probably pretty "noobish" questions to ask but I joined OCN because I liked how everyone here is so helpful and thought I would try to contribute a little bit. So bear with me

I've been building my own computers for about 4 years now but I never bothered with overclocking because I was afraid of frying something. Since joining OCN I have seen that my fears were unfounded. (sorta since its still a possibility
)

Edit: OK, I'm going to manually oc my processor and gpu and see what kind of score I can get in 3dmark06. I believe last time I did it was at stock and got around 15.5k marks.(sound about right?) Will post results shortly.

Edit: Hmm guess I was wrong about stock, at stock only get 14,183 marks.

17,320 when ocd

Do those results look right?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ok, you have a UD3R, a great board for overclocking properly.

It can be dont in a few easy steps:
1) Uninstall Easytune. Then Delete the installer. If it came on a disk, burn the disk.
2) Read up on bios overclocking on this site. If you have any issues, just drop me a PM or make a new topic.
3) Overclock to 4.5ghz on air at 1.4vcore (about right for a E8500)
4) ???
5) Profit

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the first edit on down was me messing with the bios, should I still uninstall easytune? : P all I'm really using it for now is to look at my cpu's temp.

So, do the results I got from my oc look right?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yo bebster, I can only hit 4.45 at 1.4v, I need 1.42 for 4.5.
Rhystic, you should be able to get at least 4.25GHz out of that chip at 1.4v.
If you want a BIOS template, I'll get one going for you.

• Rep+
Reactions: OJX

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhystic
View Post

From the first edit on down was me messing with the bios, should I still uninstall easytune? : P all I'm really using it for now is to look at my cpu's temp.

You dont really have to uninstall it, but a better program for looking at 45nm duo's temps is realtemp http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts