Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to completely refine my HAF932 in the next couple months. I've got a few questions about screws and rivets....

1.) What size screws do 5.25 (drive) bays use? Length in mm?
2.) What size screws do 3.5 (HDD) bays use? Length in mm?
3.) What size screws do motherboard standoff holes use?
4.) What size screws fit inside of motherboard standoffs? Length in mm?

I'm going to buy a Black Ice GTX360 radiator and Scythe GTs.
5.) What size screws do radiators use, and what length should the screw be? Fan is 25mm wide.

What are some good places to buy these screws from? I know for a fact that MDPC-X sells a ton of M3 screws...

6.) Rivets; dome-head or countersunk-head?

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Hi.
smile.gif

I can help you.

1) M3 x 4mm or M3 x 5mm

2) Hdd bays vary from case to case. If you're referring to the HAF, they are 6-32 screws of usually 1/4". (Here)

3) See #1

4) Those are the same as #1. Most motherboard standoffs are 6-32 on the male thread and M3 on the female thread. Those are the same as #1 (Here)

5) Radiators vary. They are usually 6-32 or M3. Some are M4. Length varies depending on what else you have to go through. Usually 1.25-1.5" depending on case thickness, fan thickness and fan grill (if used) thickness.

6) Round-head.

7) Either 6-32 x 1.25" or M3 x 30mm will do the trick.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher;14107672
Hi.
smile.gif

I can help you.

1) M3 x 4mm or M3 x 5mm

2) Hdd bays vary from case to case. If you're referring to the HAF, they are 6-32 screws of usually 1/4". (Here)

3) See #1

4) Those are the same as #1. Most motherboard standoffs are 6-32 on the male thread and M3 on the female thread. Those are the same as #1 (Here)

5) Radiators vary. They are usually 6-32 or M3. Some are M4. Length varies depending on what else you have to go through. Usually 1.25-1.5" depending on case thickness, fan thickness and fan grill (if used) thickness.

6) Round-head.

7) Either 6-32 x 1.25" or M3 x 30mm will do the trick.
Thanks for the info.. saved me hours of research lol.
I'll be sure to buy some extras when you ship my fans.. nice selection you've got.

Side related question, with the M3 screws you posted in the link first, what does the top look like? Is it Philips or something fancy, like hexagon?

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What size do case side panels use?
And what size do expansion slots use?

EDIT: If I was to change my motherboard screws, would I change them to 5mm M3? Correct?

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I personally tested everything except the HDDs today, everything you guys said is correct, except in my case, the motherboard standoff screws 6/32 on both the male and female threads.

Thanks for all the info guys! Now I know what screws to buy
smile.gif

@ slickwilly, HWLabs Black Ice radiators use M4 threads, and XSPC uses 6/32. Either you stripped your threads or you got something confused =P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.