Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, after two weeks of waiting (and cancellations), I unexpectedly received my Logitech G102 Prodigy. Right off the bat, it feels really good, very similar to my old G100s, but not the sides. My old mouse felt better. Also, it's heavier than the G100s without the internal weight.

My questions are:

1. My unit came with a blue box, like this one (apologies for the super low res photo):
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...3o17pIZz8PWgpnlbD7k4LHGI1M4OogDCzHNcG6n0uJeHg

P/N: 810-005303
S/N: Begins with 1802

Is my unit part of like a later batch of mice? If so, what changes were made? I know the early ones had a black box.

2. Is it normal that it makes a springy noise when I tap it? Like this:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my G203 has the same blue box
yeah a lil bit springy noise is normal, coz of the buttondesign ...
I just found that the springy noise comes from the DPI button. If you run your finger over the front edge, sort of like a plucking motion, it makes the same sound.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a new spare model with the same P/N as yours, the mouse feet are thicker and much improved over the original unit I bought on release.
That aside, didn't notice anything else.

·
Mouse Junkie
1,438 Posts
I had 2 G102's, one made the springy noise, one didn't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How are the clicks? Are they still crazy feather light?
bought a g203 2 weeks ago and no, they're better. had a g pro and g203 at the beginning, but misclicked almost at every fast spin. clicks are still on the lighter side, but i don't misclick at all. (400 dpi, 1.7 sens in cs)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bought a g203 2 weeks ago and no, they're better. had a g pro and g203 at the beginning, but misclicked almost at every fast spin. clicks are still on the lighter side, but i don't misclick at all. (400 dpi, 1.7 sens in cs)
Does your unit have a springy DPI button?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts