Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few friend have quit WoW about a month ago and we're starting to get bored of WC3, so we have decided to look for a new MMO.

My other friends have all ready started playing and they're about 10-20 levels in, when I asked them how it was they simply said good and that they haven't played enough to truly rate it.

Sooo to you Conan players I have two main questions:

#1: If I buy the game do I have to get a game card to start an account because it does come with a free 30 days. Is it like WoW where I have to pay for a month with a credit card or game card so I can use the free month of play?

#2: How fun is the game? How does it compare to WoW? I am pretty interested in the graphic nature of the game, and the increased focus on interactivity with the combat.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I haven't played it but i bought it and sold it to answer your questions:

1: Yes unfortunately you have to pay monthly, i would have kept it if it were free.
2: One of my good friends that play the game said it is amazing, its a mix or oblivion and wow. You can chop peoples heads off sounded cool to me.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
dude to be honest, the game gets boring after around level 30. My character was a lvl 37 and i got that like 40 hours into the game when it launched, havent played it since but, i do know that funcom is probably gonna scrap the game due to nobody playing it anymore, so DON'T GET IT!

·
Registered
168 Posts
A list of other mmo's to try if you decide to be smart and not waste money on AoC

1) Chronicles of Spellborn (Smart AI, Action-based fight system [ie. no autoattack and no RNG], Beta)
2) Lotro (Pretty popular)
3) WAR (Still pretty popular)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
All the naysayers more than likely havent played the game lately. AoC has taken a huge turn around in the past couple months and even added new lands and dungeons. They are getting ready for a huge patch that has to deal with itemization.

To answer your questions:

1. When you buy the game you receive 30 days, you do have to put in your cc information but it shouldnt charge you until the 30 days are up.

2. The game is fun if you like pvp. If you dont like pvp there is only one or two servers for you. Also if you dont like pvp DO NOT ROLL ON A PVP SERVER. lol. You will be ganked endlessly in the starting areas by players who more than likely have alot more time in game than you. There are ways around it though. Leveling has also become alot smoother with the new additions to content. Its still pretty tough without a group at 75-80 but people will help you out. Make sure you join a guild. If you roll on cimmeria look me up: Ancietus/ Ancietusjr/ Adjo/ Mishish/ Lysimachus.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was thinking of returning.

Their forums are free to browse, and I've been reading them casually to get a feel for how it's going. Frankly, I raqequit after performance, balance and bug issues so I'm really not sure I want to go back.

As to your friends - the first 20 levels are well balanced, well thought out and have things like voice acted NPCs all the way through. After that, it's markedly less impressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts